Monday, May 25, 2009

I got yer Memorial Day right here!

AKA: I have a splitting headache and am in a grumpy mood. Boo.

Yesterday we went to a BBQ at my friend Sarah's house and had a great time. All of my girlfriends noticed that I've lost weight and told me how hot I am, so that made my day. They lie, but whatev; it's still nice to hear. Of course, that meant they all kept grabbing my ass all day, 'cause as I've mentioned, my friends are pervy like me, but that didn't bother me. I have a really funny pic to share with you, but it'll have to wait since I forgot to upload it and it's on my home computer. That is just how my day is going today!

Moving backwards, on Saturday we went to Vermont yet again. We picked up my dad at the hospital and brought him home, and on the way we stopped by my childhood homestead and I took a couple of pics. This is where I lived from the age of 4 till I was 12:

It breaks my heart -- the place is for sale now and nobody's taking care of it. It's going super cheap now, I think they've lowered the price to the low $300k area, which is nothing considering what an amazing home it is. It was built in 1832 as an inn/stagecoach stop. It has twelve (!) bedrooms, eight fireplaces, and a full unfinished attic. Also, there are two apartments, a garage, and it's on 4 acres, with the Connecticut River within walking distance from the back door. I just love everything about it, and would love to buy it... but I am not moving back to northern VT, yo. Forget it! Couldn't pay me enough. So, I just sigh and gaze at it sadly every time I see it.


My mom planted that Willow tree - it was just a little stalk for so long, and look at it now!


That's all I got. I'll post that pic I told you about later on -- it's a funny one! And I am mulling over taking Steph's suggestion and doing a vlog this week, but no promises. I might even try to convince Mala to get in on that action while we're doin' it up at the Cake show this Wednesday. So, you'd get a two-fer if she says yes! Woohoo!! Ok, mostly, I just have to prove to you naysayers that we don't sound like Bahston-ites. NTTAWWT!

I will leave you with a few random pics from yesterday. Enjoy.
My studly hubby:

Laurie's studly hubby:

Sarah, me, Laurie, and my finger:

LATAH!

18 comments:

rkintn said...

What an awesome house! I remember when my mom sold the house I grew up in..it was sad for me as well. I drive by it now and it the new owner has done so much work on it, that the house doesn't even look like I remember it!

I have to admit my jaw dropped when you said it was going for $300k and that was cheap! $300k here will just buy you a freakin' mansion w/100 acres here!

Congrats on the weight loss, too! I am back on weight watchers (cheated and bought the books and program on ebay and I don't attend the meetings lol) and I'll be glad when it starts to become more habit and is a bit less of a struggle:)

calicobebop said...

Oh the house is lovely!! Twelve bedrooms?!?! CRAZY!

Can't wait to see some more funny pictures!

Samsmama said...

That house is insane! I actually live in the house I grew up in. So, neener!

Mary said...

Ok- I want to buy that house right now- but I do not live anywhere near VT- and am not sure whyyyyyy you don't want to go back? Is it next to a nuclear waste plant? Wild reptile refugre next door? Too damn much snow and cold?
congrats on the weight loss- I'm back to my program (that i mad eup myself) so we'll see how it goes.

Courtney said...

Love the house.... but couldn't imagine cleaning it....

Congrats on the ass grabbing. Sounds like fun times.

Funny pix and I can't wait to see the other ones.

(Oh and enjoy the whopper!!!) (snicker snicker)

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

yay to memorial day weekend festivities! i don't have any great pics of me and the ladies whooping it up like you do... damn me!

as far as your childhood home, i completely understand the "breaks my heart" thing. we lost my childhood home when my parents separated when i was 15. every time i go back home to socal, i drive by. the family of 87 who live there now emptied the pool, let the landscaping get out of control and just don't give a shit. i cry when i see the dilapitated playhouse my grandpa built and the broken treehouse in the backyard...

sorry, let's go with Slightly Less Depressing, shall we?!

i love how houses in the NE have character. and boy, howdy does THAT house have character! :)

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

dilapidated. FML.

Cary said...

I was gonna ask what you were looking up at in the first pic, but DUH.. you were thinking about me, of course. I wish I could've been there, too, B. Maybe next time.

Bev said...

Rhonda - thanks! I know $300k isn't cheap, but I think that house is worth more! Plus, sentimental value, don'tcha know. Good luck with WW! I don't blame you for skipping the meetings. I went to one once and I felt like slitting my wrists afterward. Ugh.

Calico - Thanks! I'll get that pic up later on. Hope it lives up to my hype!

Samsmama - you roooool!

Mary - nope, no power lines or nuclear waste, but northern VT is just not for me. It's too far from fucking everything, and it's cold as a titch's wit from Oct - April. I love it there, but to visit... not live.

Courtney - Yeah, I seem to recall that my mom closed off entire sections of the house so she wouldn't have to clean 'em!

MOFM - you know I do nowhere w/out my trusty camera! I'm all about the pics of chicks (and dicks). Sorry your old homestead is dilapidated, too. It's sad. :( I'd like to buy the world a Coke... oh wait, nevermind.

Cary - you know that now I'm going to have to Photoshop a little thought bubble in that picture now, don't you? Hmmm, which of your many faces should I choose? I'm digging Lionel, so I guess we'll go with that. :)

Audra said...

Ok I am going to be all dorky and say that house is like Tara. I want it.

Harmony said...

Holy shit your childhood home is like a dream mansion! I can't believe nobody is in it. I'll have to take pictures of my childhood home, so that you can all point and laugh.

You guys looks so freaking cute. And what's a little ass grabbing between friends?

The Daily Wit said...

If I had an extra $300k, I'd buy that house.

FYI, all this girl-blog reading I do now is making me realize what a boring life I have. Y'all have girls, booze, and ass-grabbing. I have ... WTF do I have?!?!

Bev said...

Audra - MAL @ Tara!!! Hey, it could be yours! Come to VT... it's, um. It's beautiful and, well, ok not gonna lie to you. It's cold as a mothafucka. But, still come!

Harmony - I would grab your ass any. day. I mean it, c'mere. ;)

TDW - come live vicariously thru us! You can be an honorary girl. Grab your own ass and imagine it's us. Go ahead, do it now. I'll wait......... There! Wasn't that awesome? Welcome to the club.

Mala said...

Frig! Late to the party! Bev, Blogger is totally trying to ruin our friendship! Your update didn't show up 'til now! What the frig?

12 bedrooms!!!! Oh my hell! When your room got messy you could just move into a new one! Cool.

Vblog, eh? *sigh* perhaps we could do that BEFORE my drunk eye goes all lazy, yes?

hee hee... word verification is "thful" as in : I'm so thful we're not driving home after the concert tonight.

Kate said...

I want that house. Bad.

Geez, how old are you? You like like you're about 18!

Ha! My word verification is fooken.

12 bedrooms? There could be a lot of fooken going on.

Kate said...

I wasn't going to comment again but I couldn't help myself with the next word verf. that showed up: Hellyz!

Bev said...

Mala - you know I think your lazy eye is adorable! But don't worry, we'll vlog before you get too slurry... and maybe after, too. Muaaahahahahaaha!

Kate - I hereby declare you my new favoritist person. (trumpet fanfare) I look 18? hahahahaha! That's... sweet. And a little delusional, but I'm going with sweet. :) FYI, I am turning 34 in July.

I shun the sun, so maybe that's why I don't look wicked freakin' old, dood. Either that, or my immaturity is seeping out of my skin. I'm ok with either of those possibilities.

HELLZ YA is right!

Jo said...

Your old house is beautiful, Bevy. My childhood home is up for sale too. I can see the weight loss, girl. You are HAWT!!!! :-)