Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scrambled butt cuts

Scrambles the Cat is my soul pussy.


HA! I love it. He's not sad, he's just chillaxin'. Kickin' it, old skool.

Anywho. How is everyone on this fine morning? I'm doing fine and dandy, thanks for asking. My work peeps came through with a huge bouquet of flowers this morning, which brings my tally up to 6 so far, and means that my home now smells amazing but also looks like a funeral parlor. It's cool, I appreciate them all! I wish I wasn't going out of town for 3, almost 4 days, because coming home to a house full of decaying plant matter is not so bueno, but oh well.

Speaking of that, I think I've got everything done that needs doing before leaving on a jet plane tomorrow eve. I tried on my new dress last night and got two thumbs up from both The Jim and my 6 yr. old son, but that might've just been because they wanted to get back to their raging Wii bowling game. Speaking of that, the big kid's haircut isn't as bad as I first thought it was. It's a little too crew-cut-ish, but he still looks cute. My youngest, however, is sporting a bowl cut entirely too reminiscent of Peter Tork from The Monkees. I don't mind, though. He can rock the bowl cut! It's still better than a butt cut.

By the way -- when I just did a Google image search for "butt cut," guess what the first image was?! Yes, it's our very own Cary as a wee lad. HAHAHA!!!!!! WTF? How fraking funny is THAT?

Oh, and speaking of bad hair. On the phone with my sister last night we got to talking about my From the Vault posts, and how I have my next one all lined up already. We started reminiscing about some of the horrible Sears portraits of the two of us from our childhoods, and she has declared several of those verboten, which bums me out because they're HI-larious. In one, we're both sporting the classic 80's short hair 'do with permed tops, AKA the show poodle 'do. Oh, and ruffled shirts. In another pic, she is wearing a string tie, and has long, straight center-parted hippy hair; I have overly-short, uneven bangs and a cold sore. HAWT. But, I can't show them to you, because I promised not to... so you'll have to use your imaginations. I know you can do it.

That's it for now. Enjoy your day, everyone!

13 comments:

MtnMama said...

NICE pic of Cary! Ha!

Oh, girl, we could have us some fun with bad hair from the day. My previous fabulous hairdos were what I like to think of as "great ideas at the time" -

too bad we can't have a submission fest ala Cary's Mother's Day post!

Cary said...

I miss that cut.

MM - we will, soon. I'm starting a new blog just for that.

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

am i abnormal for feeling horny after seeing cary as a pubescent kid?

oh the pictures i could show you... if i only had a scanner... my husband loves to refer to my 7th grade haircut as poodle head. WHY OH WHY did we feel the need to perm our hair? the 80s were a disgusting time.

have a great time on your trip! take lots of pictures. (of you in your dress...) ;)

Mala said...

"butt cut" brings you to Cary; "tight jeans" sends'em to me. Perhaps the universe is finally righting itself.

At least you didn't get the blind crack ho at (notso)SuperCuts who hacked Beck's hair last weekend. I'm saving myself $10 next time and goin' after the boy with a weed wacker.

As for the flowers, I'll stand at the highway exit ramp with you and we could sell 'em for cash.

jessica o said...

LMAO at the most chill cat ever.

Where's Cary's pic? Am I stoopid?

Did I miss the whole out of town story? Have a safe trip, Bev.

Samsmama said...

I cannot believe I just spent 49 seconds of my life watching a cat do fucking nothing. Eh, who am I kidding? I'll probably watch it again.

Mala, (notso) Great Clips butchered my husband AND kid. Hubby wore a do-rag for a month and Sam looked like he could apply for the Make A Wish Foundation. It was awful.

Bev said...

LOL! Mtn Mama, that's exactly how I feel about the asymetrical look I once rocked in the 90's. Good idea at the time.... Yikes. In my defence, I was on a lot of drugs back then.

Cary, I think you should go back to that look. Esp. the Tuffskins.

MoFM, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Seek help. :)
Also, you and I are exactly the same age (I know this b/c I stalk you. So?) so it doesn't surprise me that you also had the poodle 'do!

Mala - laughed out loud! We need to sell these flowers. Hate to waste 'em, and I do like cash!

Jess - click the word "image" and it'll link ya. the color's not so good.

Samsmama - Make a wish?! Evil, and awesome? My fave combo.

Samsmama said...

Oh, I didn't notice to click the word "image" the first time around, either. Excellent picture!

jessica o said...

hahahaha! Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

verf: ofterall - afterall in Eliza Doolittle speak.

Jillinator said...

oh... I wish your sister would let you post them! It's so much fun to see those old pictures... almost makes me want to blog too, but then I remember that I can't even get around to updating my facebook status daily so the likelihood of me keekping up with a blog, is, well... I think Cary said it best when he posted the motivated photo http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/Sh6mC2CraQI/AAAAAAAAg4s/sZLl8-GYzxo/s1600-h/procrastination.jpg ;) (another reason why I shouldn't blog... seems that I don't have any fucking clue about how to insert a link - d'oh!)

Bev said...

Jill, I love that poster!! I think it's my new fave, for rlz. :)

ALSO, my sister emailed me yesterdaay (because she reads my blog, but refuses to comment. Grrrr) and gave me the GREEN LIGHT to post the pics!! Yay, us!

So, next time I'm up in VT at Mom's house I'll go digging for gold. You lucky readers!

Cary said...

I still have that shirt. It came from a store called "Goofs" - they only sold irregular shit. Thanks, Dad.

Bev said...

Cary, GOOFS made me LMGDAO! HA!!!!

Who cut your hair? Stupor Cuts?