Monday, August 10, 2009

This weekend I...

Fill in the blank! I want to hear about your weekends. Speak.

As for mine, I'll keep it brief because I am tired of talking about my fabulous life. Ha ha. No really.

I already told you about the Lobstah-Fest on Friday night, so moving on to Saturday.... We went to my good friend Laurie's house for her daughter's 8th birthday party, and we all really enjoyed ourselves! They had one of those enormous inflatable water things set up, so I basically didn't see my son for most of the day. It was awesome. What?



The gorgeous Laurie!










The Birthday GIRL!











I think I need therapy to deal with the fact that I see boobs everywhere. Seriously, give me an ink blot, and I will see boobies, I guarantee it.

Please don't tell me you don't see a boob here?




On Sunday we went over to the lake near our house, where my in-laws have rented a cabin for the next two weeks. Yes, I said two weeks. *sigh* I'm sure I'll be blogging about how irritated I am by them in 3...2...1.... Whatever, I'm tired now. I give myself till about Thursday of this week before I get annoyed. Oops, too late!




Danny caught his first fish! We released that little guy, and he went on to catch 2 more much larger ones, but I didn't have my camera handy for those.




Then my husband clenched every muscle he has to show me why he's still a catch, too. Holla! This picture is totally dedicated to Kate, who has made it clear that she wants to see Jim naked. ;-)






Couple of random quotes that struck me funny:
"Dude, your iPod is horny today."
Heh... when isn't it?

"His little pecker is broken."
It was a bird, and my kid meant "beak." HEEE!

SO there it is. My weekend, in a nutshell. ("Help! I'm in a nutshell!")

Now, tell me about yours. I mean it!

17 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Oh shit, the "Little pecker is broken" is the ultimate "That's what she said"...hahahaha!
My weekend? Full of sun, sweat...and more sweat...and sore knees and ankles...no, silly, from helping my brother move!! There was food, bedroom activity, True Blood, and sleep...precious, precious sleep! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

I did more plumbing work on the house.

New England Girl said...

Sounds like an interesting weekend! Laughed quite hard over the ipod comment. :)

Won't tell you about me weekend, 'cause I'm gonna be posting about it soon... had a great one though! :)

Courtney said...

I see boobies!!!!

Stacie's Madness said...

lol..."little pecker" but it is kinda a pecker...

hilarious.

Sounds like a great weekend, I had a fabulous one as well, but it's all on my blog (pimping) come see.
:D

Cary said...

This weekend I dug up a chick I'd buried alive two weeks ago to see how she was holding out. Not well, as it turns out. Didn't think about the air tube getting clogged. Oh well.

Boobies.

Kate said...

AAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEE-SSSSSUUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!! I am totally blowing up that picture life-size and hanging on my ceiling! That wouldn't be tacky would it!

And yes, that was a booby balloon.

Cheasty said...

ha! loved the Overheard segment. the other day I walked past a group of guys talking and heard one of them go: "No, dude, sex makes it *worse*!"

gah.

anyway, i'm posting again over on cheastypants, since you wanted me to let you know... :)

Kristen said...

little pecker...lol! And I totally see boobage! I love that you took a pic of it just for us! Hmm. My weekend. Drinks with friends. Caught up on my TV shows. And was supposed to work last night but I got canceled. Nothing crazy...

Harmony said...

Boobies!!! And yes I too see them everywhere. I'm undecided if I am fascinated with them or if I am just fascinated with them

Holy hell I have been gone way too long...quick someone send me a blogger wrap up and catch me up. No takers eh? Damn!!

PorkStar said...

I pretty much overdosed on sleep, planned my upcming vacay, had a little sexy time with myself, went out to dinner with friend, got drunk on one strong ass Vodka with something in it.

Your weekends are pretty awesome!

Muah

MtnMama said...

I was relieved to see that the inflatable fun thing didn't resemble any swollen body parts. Cuz that's how MY mind works...

My weekend? Opening boxes. Lots and lots of boxes.
Large cardboard boxes full of shit I can't believe I actually owned given to Goodwill today = 4

But we did finally make it to the pool!

Samsmama said...

Oh, that's a titty, alright! What an awesome weekend you had! And you already know how mine went. :)

Brooklyn ML said...

Ummmm, on Saturday I slept in, made a giant tofu scramble, which upset my stomach very much. Went to the NYC Transit Museum with future hubster, making sure I scoped out the bathroom. Barely made it home, drank gingerale....Sunday...Does it matter? I did nothing.

Mary said...

if my in laws thought they'd be sneaky to get that close to me, I'd move.
Little pecker is broken...ahhhh, kids.

Bev said...

OM - Well, I hope that the bedroom activity made up for the fact that you had to help someone move. Ugh - hate moving!

mjenks - you and your pipes....

NE Girl - I'll come check it out when you post it! Fo' sho'. It's a NE thang.

Courtney - THANK you! Knew I could count on you!

Stacie - can't wait to hear all about it!

Cary - dude, you crack me up and freak me out all at the same time. Srsly. That's talent. :)

Kate - Ha! Go for it. I'm sure your husband won't mind if you call him Jim, too.

Cheasty - welcome back! I'll be right over. Also, what could those guys have been talking about? Random!

Kristen - sounds like a good weekend! You can always count on me to take a pic specifically for the blog!

Harmony - welcome back! So glad you're alive & kickin'. Don't know that I can give a blog round-up for you, but I can tell you that I've been up to my usual shenanigans 'round these parts. So, nothing new.

PorkStar - Aw, a date with yourself. That's sweet. Self-love is very important, and at least you never have to worry about if you'll put out at the end of the night, right?

MtnMama - Again, moving stinks! Sorry you're still up to your elbows in it, but sounds like you're making progress!

Samsmama - yep, your weekend ROCKED! :)

Maeghan - Ok, if you're going to insist upon eating something called a "tofu scramble," you're going to have to live with the consequences. EEK! Sounds terrible. Tofu is a weekend-ruiner. Got it.

Hope you're feeling better!

Mary - thankfully, they're just renting, or I'd be packing my bags too!

Jillinator said...

Too freaking funny... I'd tell you about my weekend, but I think you know, and all I can say is THANK GAWD you didn't take a picture of me going down that inflatable thing! Fun, but I've gotta watch the combination of margaritas and dares... I'll do about anything(yikes!) and I too see a boobie! And oh my about the Jim picture! Wowza!