Monday, August 3, 2009

"Weak"end in review

Hellooooo... la la laaaaaa.

No, I'm not drunk. I just ate lunch so now I'm on some kind of weird food buzz, which is what happens when I go for a long time without eating. Soon, I'll crash and burn and start drooling on my keyboard, but just a little. Hurray for Mondays!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was decent.

Friday night, my good friend Laurie came home from her month-long vacay in FL. Yeah, she's tan. Yeah, she's still a super awesome chick. Yeah, I DIG HER. I was too busy laughing and philosophizing with her to take any pictures, but thanks to the magic of Google Images, here's what we did Friday night. There was bad lighting at the restaurant, so we looked like extras from the Thriller video in the two cell pics I did snap. Use your imaginations:






Danny had a virgin strawberry daiquiri at the restaurant, also known as a Sugar BOMB. So, I spent a lot of time chasing the children:

Then, we were tired, so we went home and crashed:


A good time was had by all.

Saturday, Jim was burned-out from watching the kids, so I sent him off into the woods for some manly hiking time. Meanwhile, I took the kids to the beach. We lasted about 45 minutes before Danny got a few lung-fulls of water while using his snorkel and mask, so we had to leave. It was kind of scary, even though I was standing just a few feet away from him the whole time. He was shaken up, and I can't keep the little guy OUT of the water, so it was just too crazy. I dragged my sullen 6-year-old and my screaming almost-2-year-old back to the car and back to the relative safety of our house. The next day, I went out and bought them both life vests.

Sunday we went to Vermont and helped my mom clean out some nasty stuff from the carport. It wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be, and Mom was in a good mood, so the work went quickly. We went out to dinner after, and my salmon was wicked good, dood. Then we came home and I watched True Blood, so all's well that ends well.

Hmmm, that was quite boring. I apologize. They can't all be weiners! The worst thing is that last night while I was sleeping, I distinctly remember rolling over and having a brilliant idea for a blog post. I thought, "Wow, that would be a great post! I have to remember that!" And now, here I am, sitting down to write and I got nothin'. Then again, I could have been dreaming about something totally odd and random, and my brilliant idea could have been about asparagus or something.

The world may never know.

14 comments:

Mala said...

Nice weiners.... Gawd I miss Jack.

Elliott said...

Lori and I openly discussed once again our shameful under-consumption of wine, and I now believe I'll open at least one bottle this week.

I love the simplicity of New England living. "We drove to another state and spent a long, fulfilling day there before returning home". Sure, we could plan a trip to Chicago that was usually an all-day event, but I've never lived anywhere that made inter-state travel a breeze like that.

Kudos on the vests, especially if the kids don't fear the water. And especially especially if the vests include handles so you can pluck them effortlessly out of harm's way.

Samsmama said...

I'm loving the pictures. You are a fun looking group! ;)

I'm a nervous wreck with Sam at the pool. Can't imagine being in open water. Yet, he does have a life vest. I'm unclear as to why.

Kristen said...

You had lunch with two gay guys? Sorry. I'm just interpreting the pic.

Leanne said...

Hey Bev - I started reading your blog back when you were FOLOTD. You always make me smile and I think you're just a cool chick!

Organic Meatbag said...

Hey, first of all, kudos to Mala on the European Vacation reference...second, wow, it looks like you went out with a bunch of those lame ass models that pose for generic stock photos! It makes me want to put to gether a brochure for a snazzy hotel now!

Bev said...

Mala - YES!!!! "Roosty." (said in thick French accent)

Elliott - Yeah, man. Get on that! Wine is a wonderful thing.

Amd yes, handles are a must!

Samsmama - I know! We are very attractive, aren't we?

Kristen - Two gay twins, apparently! Hans & Franz.

Leanne - Welcome! Thanks so much for reading. :) And thanks for thinking I'm a cool chick. WOOOOT!

OM - Who you callin' lame? Hans & Franz are super fun gays - um, I mean guys! They're my peeps!

Dreamgirl said...

What a Great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment today. I'm so wrapped up in my blog-makeover that I haven't seen the sun in days! (Which is so stupid since I'm going back to Norway in a week...)

Greeting from Spain

calicobebop said...

Mmmm, wine time with friends. Gotta love that! Also, those weiners are very suggestive looking. Or it it just me...

Stacie's Madness said...

hmmm well...maybe you rolled over onto a good weiner, but it never lasts...

oh wait, maybe that's MY last sexual experience...sorry, moving on.

Bev said...

Dreamgirl - thanks for stopping by, and safe travels! Can't wait to see the blog make-over.

Calico - Oh, it's not just you. Heh.

Stacie - who cares where you get your weiner action, as long as you're gettin' some. Am I right?

Cary said...

Wieners.

Cary said...

Oh, and the laughing pic? Someone queefed.

Bev said...

Thanks, Cary. As you know, it ain't a party till someone queefs. :)