Saturday, August 8, 2009

What? You don't play with your food?



Last night we went over to Mala & Joe's house for a traditional New England dinner. Lobsters are ridiculously inexpensive right now, so we decided to do it up and have lobster, corn on the cob, squash, and delicious, delicious alcohol. When I say that they're inexpensive, I mean that they're actually cheaper than hot dogs, if you can believe it. $4.99/lb? Buh-riiiiiiing it!

So, my family unit spruced up and headed on up to their house. Danny even decided to wear a tie for the special occasion:



Heeeeeee!! Matthew was somewhat less-enthused, but don't let him fool ya, he was pumped:



Once we got there, Mala and I proceeded to line up our supper and ridicule them, because we like to play with our food. They weren't spunky enough to race, as we'd hoped, but we did have a beauty contest, and mine totally won. I called him "Cuddles." Hers was "Fluffy."



When it comes time to kill the dinner, I leave that to my husband. He doesn't have a problem with it, but I just think it's icky.

Ask not for whom the water boils...


Dinner is SERVED!


We had a great night; ate a lot of yummy food, drank (a little too much) vino, and laughed like hyenas for most of the night. The kids also enjoyed their dinner, I think... they were there somewhere. We threw some hot dogs at them, put the little ones to bed, and the two older kids had a romantic evening up in Morgan's bedroom doing God knows what. Apparently before we got there, Morgan insisted on taking a shower before Danny saw her, then she put on her prettiest plastic bathing cap (!) and proceeded to woo my son. Obviously, when they get older we will have to keep an eye on those two.

20 comments:

Mala said...

Seriously, thank GAWD our kids have 'auto-pilot'. And yes, yes... we must keep our eye on them....someday.

And if I weren't elbow deep in melted butter, I would have totally taken a picture of our delish dinner, you know, AFTER it was cooked.

And so glad I'm keeping my trend of ensuring my dinner meets the ground first... fabulous.

Mala said...

Hmmmmm, the Mug Shot of the Day seems so familiar.....

Mala said...

LOL!!! Word verf is "kieseses"... what you were tryin' to talk me into last night. HA!

Stacie's Madness said...

you two always have fun adventures...woohoo, glad you had a great time!

MtnMama said...

Oh! I LOVE lobster. $4.99 a pound? You bitch! (of course I mean that in the most loving way)

I love that you took pictures of your lined up lobster dinner.

Samsmama said...

We lined all of our cheeseburgers up tonight. Pretty boring race.

Re: Mala's second comment, what now? "Let's get it on...."

I seriously want to come visit! I'd bring Sam, but he'd be pestering you all for sex. And? He's a boob guy.

I feel like this comment is all over the place and I need to wrap it up in a concise way. I got nothin'.

Mala said...

And I'm pretty certain Scamper would have taken the crown if they had, a-hem, survived long enough to make it to the swimsuit competition.

Samsmama said...

Ohhhh, the word verf on this one is "gothstr". Awesome!

Samsmama said...

HA! This one is "hookies". Yes. You girls are.

Frank Irwin said...

You name your food before you eat it? That's cold...

Audra said...

I am afraid I would have liberated the lobsters screaming RUN FOR THE SEA!!!!

Kate said...

I think that Samsmama is smart to keep Sam away from you and Mala, the Queens of Cleavage. He might go into sensory overload.

Before you boiled your dinner alive did you march them into the kitchen calling out, "Dead Lobster Walking! We got a Dead Lobster Walking here!"

I love lobster. Can I come next time?

JennyMac said...

This looks SO good. Glad you had a great time. And love the munchkin in the tie.

My word verification is "vokka". I am sure it meant VODKA but word verification has obviously been drinking.

New England Girl said...

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I will anyways... Even though I am a New Englander through and through, I have never had lobster... shocking, I know! My family doesn't like seafood, and I've never been near or around anyone who has made it.

I think I seriously need to fix this little blip, sooner than later. I also think I'd just have a hard time putting the lobsters in boiling water. I am a total sap like that. It's really ridiculous. :)

Looks like you had a good time though! :)

Elliott said...

Oh, lobster would be so nice. And for prices like that, you'd think they're grinding real food into the hot dogs.

WV - plywined...

mo.stoneskin said...

That isn't fair. Lobsters are insanely expensive over here. I can't believe you gave the lobster a Corona but left tape on his claw so he wouldn't be able to drink it.

Organic Meatbag said...

I am seriously jealous, for I fall victim to the siren song of the Lobster..."Come eat me...dip me in butter...take off all your clothes"... damn conniving lobster!

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

Where's Pinchy?

He was dirty, so I ran him a nice hot bath.

Hey, what smells so damned good?

Pinchy? PINCHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*bawling* Oh-ho-ho-ho, Pinchy!

Hey, how 'bout sharing some of that with the rest of us.

*sober* No!

*bawling* Oh-ho-ho-ho, Pinchy! *eats* It's what he would have wanted!

Bev said...

Mala - Drop it like it's an $8 sausage!

Stacie - we're two wild & crazy girls! Can't wait to hear how your girls' weekend went!

MtnMama - Heh heh... jealousy means you love me right? Right?

Stink would fit right in here. My kids love my tits. No joke.

Oh, and it takes a hookie to know one!! *muah*

Frank - Yes, and I'm calling you, "Clyde." heeee

Audra - I know, it's cruel, but them's the breaks when you're a sea bug.

Kate - Queens of Cleavage? I love it!!! And you are definitely invited any. time.

JennyMac - Drunken Word Verif - ha!!!

NE Girl - never had lobster? For shame....

Elliott - right? Hotdogs are icky, but maybe if they were filled with lobster....

Mo - Good point! Here I thought I was being kind, granting him his last wish for a quenching beverage.... Oops.

OM - Lobsters make you take off your clothes? Good to know. ;)

mjenks - PINCHY! Can't believe I forgot about Pinchy. I love him almost as much as Stompy and SpiderPig.

outdoor wedding venues said...

I know you have great time over there. Have you enjoy the Food?