Monday, November 2, 2009

Dear Monday: If you had a face, I'd punch you in it.

Helloooooo. How's everyone this fine Monday morning? I'm pretty good, just draggin' arse and in the mood to lie on the couch and watch movies all day. Unfortunately, I can't do that because I'm at work, so I have to at least look busy for the next 7 hours or so. I'm main-lining caffeine at the moment so I'm hopeful that I'll be running on at least 70% functionality by lunch time. No promises, though.

How was your Halloween, folks? Did you dress up? Do tell! I dressed up for the first time in many years, though I was determined not to spend any money on my costume. I managed to pull off Princess Leia but did eventually have to splurge on some $15 hair buns to complete the look, though I did refuse to go full-force butt-cutt with my bangs! My own hair buns were surprisingly cute, I must say, but more Bjork than Leia. M was supposed to be Yoda, but I slacked off and didn't order the costume online and we couldn't find it in any stores, so we ended up recycling an old lion costume and making him Mini-Chewbacca.

So here we are: the world's dorkiest coolest family!




Some other fun moments from the evening:

Laurie and Mark are from the 'hood, yo! Check her out, throwin' up gang signs!







Han and Leia about to start candy collecting. Leia is ever-practical and carries an umbrella, naturally.







Stop, Lord Vader!! Noooooo!! Aaghgasghagahjhjahjahaaaaakckckcckak!









Laurie and I thought it was funny that we didn't plan to dress as polar opposites, but I was all in white and she was all in black. Together, we were Leia Pussy.





Alright, that's about all I can muster for today. I'm really quite tired. Oh, I mentioned that? Hrmph. Whatever. If you're nice to me then tomorrow I will share some pics of the Oktoberfest we went to yesterday. When I am not quite so hungover and sleepy, that is. I got some pretty good pictures of myself with a giant weiner or two. Well, technically one was a Bratwurst and one was a balloon light saber, but let's not argue semantics, k? I told ya I was tired.

20 comments:

Mala said...

You are the cutest Leia EVA! But seriously, you could have saved some cash and just stuck to large sticky buns to your head... plus you'd have a snack for later.

Wish I could have joined you at Oompa Fest '09, but appearantly lots of sugar has the opposite effect on me than it has for the kids. Not even the promise of beer and weiners could inspire me to movement.

Lindsey Himmler said...

Super, super cute! I'm a big fan of costumes in which I don't buy anything. So I went as Bella from Twilight.

MtnMama said...

Uber cuteness! I am partied OUT. Between Friday's school parade and yesterday's Bronco party, we costumed up and rocked out too many times! M got way too much candy (and some distubing religious literature, btw) and I am TIRED. I think we got our money's worth...

Elliott said...

Mmmm...sticky buns...oops.

Oktoberfest would be nice. And hey, for dragging on a Monday, at least you still won the movie quote contest this week!

Kate said...

You aren't going to go crazy like Carrie Fisher are you? On second thought, that might not be so bad. Your blog readers would be highly entertained.

(Am glad your Leia buns didn't look like smushed piles of dog poo---that's what they usually look like to me.)

New England Girl said...

Adorable costume... and I love that you hardly spent any money on it! I don't dress up and I love the stress that lacks in my life around this time of year...well, at least compared to my friends and all of the running around they do to find the "perfect" costume.
I love your family's costumes though! So cute. :) And I am looking forward to the Oktoberfest photos... I'll have to live vicariously through you since I missed all of the ones I had planned to attend this year. :)

Mary said...

you guys looked awesome!
One year my brother, SIL and daughters went as The Incredibles...they looked great too. I love 'theme' families :)

calicobebop said...

I love the pictures!! Looks like you guys had a great time - love the Star Wars theme! We didn't do squat. It rained and was ugly. I am living vicariously through your awesome Halloween. :)

Heidi Renée said...

If you do go crazy like Carrie Fisher you might also become wealthy like Carrie Fisher. Then you could buy a Halloween costume for every day of the year. I'm just sayin'.

Bev said...

Mala -- thanks! You missed a good time yesterday, but I understand.... I guess. I mean, Beers, Bratwurst, AND BEV? C'mooon!

Lindsey -- Bella! That's a great costume idea. Hope you had a suitable Edward on your arm, too.

MtnMama -- Oooh, sounds like you had a fun weekend too! I'm also partied out.

Elliott -- Yes, my buns were quite tasty. I can't believe I actually got your movie quiz right for a change! Yahoooo!

Kate -- What do you mean, "GO" crazy? Heh heh. Oh, and my son did point out the buns' resemblance to dog poo when we were in the car. Ha!!

NE Girl -- No dressing up? Boo! :) Oktoberfest was a blast. I'll definitely do those pics tomorrow.

Mary -- thanks! The Incredibles! That would be a great costume idea, for sure. I'd never do it myself though - way too much spandex, thx.

Calico -- thanks! Looking forward to seeing some pics of Muffin!

Heidi R -- Totally! I'd be Carrie Fisher crazy, for sure. She is hysterical!

Harmony said...

You guys look perfect!

We should give the themed look a shot next year. I doubt Ant would want anything to do with that though.

Samsmama said...

Bev, that is awesome! What a fun thing to do and such a cool memory that will be for the kids someday. Me? Wore a shirt with a skull on it. Because I'm all about Halloween.

And now I've got the Dixie Chicks running through my head. Super. (Kidding. I actually love that song and enjoy cranking it and pretending like I can sing.)

My word verf is "truce". We all good?

Stacie's Madness said...

hahah, great job dressing the family in coordinating outfits...mini chewbaca...hahahaha.

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

Sadly...I didn't find your blog through my reader. I was looking up "Leia pussy".

I'm going to go drink now. Chemistry be damned.

The Peach Tart said...

You look adorable.

onebadmamajama said...

You guys looked so awesome! I actually thought the mini Chewbacca was an Ewok LOL I'm not as hip on the Star Wars stuff as I should be, I guess:)

"Leia Pussy"...that's just wrong! LOL Good luck with the search engines now;)

Cary said...

Lookin' good there, Bev-o. I bet you were rockin' the buns in more ways than one. And thanks for the Leia Pussy. Seeing that has been on my bucket list since I was a youngun'.

Kari said...

Such an adorable family! Mini Chewbacca is so cute I want to pick him up and dunk him in my hot cocoa.

I wore my faithful hippie costume with a medallion that has a chicken holding a Crisco label. I was "peace and chicken grease".

Bev said...

Harmony - I love a good theme!! Just let Ant decide what he wants to be and work around him.

Smama - Oh yeah, we cool. Truce, indeed. Oh, and I pride myself in getting a song stuck in at least one person's head per week, usually yours (since you are one of the few people who actually notice my subtitles!). You're welcome! I love that song too, though never attempt it for karaoke. Trust me... that bridge is a killer.

Stacie - thanks!! Mini Chewy/Ewoke... same diff, right? :)

Jenks - Oh, I'm used to google searches bringing weirdos here to my site. Who doesn't Google "Leia Pussy" from time to time?

Peach - Thanks!!

Rhonda - We thought about Ewoke, but Chewy is just cooler, right? Size be damned! Little people can be Wookiies too!

Cary - Aw, shucks! My buns thank you, and my hair says "You're welcome!"

Kari - that is the best costume EVER! Peace & chicken grease? Far out! :)

Bev said...

Oh maaaan, I just realized that I misspelled "Ewok" twice in my last comment. *sigh* Gotta stop commenting before sunrise.