Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eins! Zwei! Drei! Schufa!



Yeah baby, it's the Oktoberfest (in November) post!

How are all my peeps this morning? I'm good, thanks for asking. I finally caught up in some sleep last night so I'm feeling a bit more bevtastic than yesterday despite the fact that I woke up to no fewer than 14 SPAM COMMENTS on the OOBH. What the frick?! I make you all do those pesky google word verifications to keep the spam at bay, yet somehow Outdoor Wedding Venues has invited some buddies to the comment party anyway. WHY?! How do I make it stop?! Anyone? *sigh* Btw, OWV, if you are indeed a human and not some sort of "bot," I apologize.

Anyway, on to the pics from last Sunday's fun-fest. First off, it was a beautiful fall day, and the weather was actually quite warm for November. The event is held at a little ski hill that is 10 minutes from my house. Lovely!



I'm never one to shy away from a big sausage, so lunch of Brats, sauerkraut, sweet onions and delicious, delicious BEER was right up my alley.



The kids had a blast, got their faces painted, jumped in the bounce house, watched the keg tossing, and danced to the awesome authentic German oompa band. It's impossible not to be happy under these circumstances, am I right? And yeah, my kid wore his Darth Vader costume all day, and I allowed it. Meh. Choose your battles, I say.



Balloon swords -- they're supposed to look like erect penises, correct?



I took this one for Mtn Mama, who loves clowns.



Funny story. I was in line for the face painting with D for an eternity, so I was chatting with another dad in line while we waited. He was a nice guy, and kind of a 50-something hottie. He told me at one point that he has two college-age children and (whoops!) an 8 year old, so that explained the gray hair, but he was hip and we were yukking it up a bit. At one point his friend approached him from behind at the same time that my youngest son came running up to us. I gave M a cheery, "Hi baby!" and the guy's friend thought I was talking to him! HAHAHAHAHA! He looked taken-aback and said, "Hi," back to me before the guy I was talking to burst out laughing and started ribbing him. "You thought she was flirting with you, didn't you! HA HA HA!"

Good times. I love inadvertantly embarrassing strange men. Later, my husband wandered up to us looking like this:



When my new friend asked how many kids I have, I answered "three" without thinking twice, and he laughed his ass off when he realized I was referring to the giant toddler in the Eagles jersey with spilled beer all down his front. My husband is klassy!

Then again, so am I.






Our friends Jill & Ric and their girls were there and made it all the more entertaining! Poor little E was a tired cookie all day, though. Check out the dazed look on her face!



And yeah. My kid is intense. 'Nuff said.



As we left, the sky was just gorgeous.



And you know how much I dig the moon. It was almost full, which always gives me chills.



The ride home was kind of a blur.



Last but not least, your moment of Zen for the day:



Oktoberfest rocks! Can't wait for next year. ;)

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel so left out of the spam party. me run you rong time, bev.

oktoberfest/oompa sounds like my cup of tea! or, stein of bier i guess is more appropriate. and i am so with you when it comes to the choose your battles thing. i was *this close to allowing nate to wear his spiderman costume to school today, but i didn't think that would go over too well.

and lmao @ the big sausage stuff and the dick balloons.

Anonymous said...

that should be RUV.

MtnMama said...

Oh, Bev! A special picure just for me? I am honored! (bad clown, no biscuit!)
Love the shot of the enormous sausage/brat/penis sandwich. Yum!
Yes, balloon swords are all kinds of phallic; there's no point in NOT going with it. And I love inadvertantly embarrassing strange men, too! Oh, well, usually on purpose... *grin*

Stacie's Madness said...

that's one hell of a dick sandwich.

Stacie's Madness said...

forgot to follow the weinershnitzel.

Elliott said...

I am totally in love with that sausage and kraut.

In a totally straight way, of course.

Harmony said...

Dick sandwiches, dick balloons and beer? Sounds like a damn fine dickfest if you ask me.

Looks like you and the family had a blast!

" I love inadvertantly embarrassing strange men." ~ Made me snort!

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

"It's impossible not to be happy under these circumstances, am I right?"

It is if you're French.

Elliott said...

"It is if you're French." just made me chuckle loudly at my desk.

Thanks for helping me keep up the illusion that I'm insane.

calicobebop said...

Sounds like a fantastic time! I love all the pictures - can't blame the little guy for wanting to wear his costume! It's awesome!

And that picture where E has the dazed look on her face - priceless. I've seen that look more times than I can count!

New England Girl said...

It looks like you had such a good time! Ugh... I'm so sad I missed the Oktoberfest wagon this year. But I will live it through your photos. The swords and sausage stuff is hiiilarious! You guys are too much fun. Can I tag along next time, please? haha.

Bev said...

Anon - You know I ruv you too, girl. Wish you could join us -- I have a feeling you & I would get unruly, tho.

Mtn Mama - You are always on my miiiiiiiiind. You are always on my mind. Great, now ya got me quoting Willie Nelson!

Stacie - Yep! It was a dick-wich, and it was deeeeeeelish.

Elliott - I believe you! I think everyone should try a big sausage at least once.

Harmony - I have a tendency to turn all events into dick-fests. But you knew that. :)

Jenks - Mais non! I'm quite the American mutt, but French I am not.

Calico - Ha, yes! She had that glazed-over look all day, too. Cute!

NE Girl - Next time, get yer bum up here!!! Yes!

Samsmama said...

Hi Baby! Yea, I'm talking to you. If it's any consolation, I woke up to a bunch of spam mail too. ;)

And that 100% full moon last night? So effing cloudy I didn't even catch a glimps.

Wonderful pictures! Looks like a great day. We don't pose inappropriately with balloons nearly often enough around here.

Frank Irwin said...

Here's a slightly NSFW photo that should please both Bev and MtnMama.

Samsmama said...

Oh, Frank, I have no words. Your house looks really nice though. New furniture?

Frank Irwin said...

Thanks, Samsmama. That couch wipes down clean real easy.

Mala said...

You know I'm kicking myself hard that I couldn't drag myself out to the sausage fest!

And I didn't know Cuddles the Clown was going to be there.

Looks like a great time.

Mmmmmmm.....weiners.

Mala said...

Well I guess that answers my question, "what did Frank dress up as for Halloween?"

Heidi Renée said...

Well, there are cupcakes at Frank's naked clown party, so there is that.

Your husband spilled beer all over himself but managed to keep the baby firmly ensconced on his shoulders--I count that as a win, mostly.

outdoor wedding venues said...

Wow images shows that you have lots of fun there.

Bev said...

Ha ha!!!!

Samsmama -- if it's phallic, I will be posing with it for a picture. That's just me, and the how I be rollin' and all that.

Frank -- Easy clean-up is a must in your line of work, I'm sure! I'm with Heidi... those cupcakes kind of eclipse everything else in the pic. Well, almost anything. The shoes are fab! :)

Mala - You missed out for sure! But to be fair, that's Crikey the Clown, not Cuddles. I think Cuddles was busy at Frank's place that day.

Heidi - True, true. He did prioritize and choose to spill the beer over the kid. He's a regular humanitarian, that one!

OWV - Um, thanks.

Organic Meatbag said...

Good to know you can take the big sausage...hahahahaha

My name is PJ. said...

Did you do the Chicken Dance????

I love Oktoberfest...

Hi! I'm PJ,host of the Amazon giveaway. You're one of my new followers and I like to meet and greet those I haven't met and gret yet! :) Welcome!

I'm following along on your blog now too!

Kate said...

Spammers? What do you mean spammers? I see no evidence of spammers here. :)

I want to live where you live, even if the kids play with large inflamed penises there. I could adapt to that.

The Peach Tart said...

Looks like so much fun and now you have me craving brats and beer.

PorkStar said...

I love the pic with the sword, that's a mighty thing you got there Bevs..

Sounds like lotsa fun...

Rich Girl Red said...

Bev, you made me snort--really! A day without a large phallic balloon is a day without sunshine (read: bourbon) in my book.

Frank--your photo proves that old axiom once again: "Big feet=really big shoes."