Friday, November 6, 2009

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Pervs, I'm not talking about tits or ass. I'm talking about your Office Space! Show me your desk and/or the place where you do most of your blogging and computing. Snap me a pic and post it on your blog & then let me know you've done it, would ya? I'll link to yours from the OOBH on Monday, and if you don't have a blog I'll post yours here if you'd like. Come on -- play! It'll be fuuuuuuun.

What can I say? It's Friday and I have very little other material, yet I still felt like sayin' hi. Hi!

I'll start. Here's my desk at work, which is where I do most of my blogging.



I'll give you the cook's tour. First, here are my Lebowski bobble heads, which serve as a daily reminder of who The Bev really is. Note the Swingline stapler next to them. Shout out to Milton!



Today's breakfast of champions: medium coffee and an allergy pill. Jealous?



What kind of mother would I be if I didn't have some photos of my husband and kidlets at work? Of course, they're all over a year old and my kids don't even look like this anymore, but whatev. A for effort, I say! Yes, that's a Santa's Village snow globe of me and Mala on the log flume ride. And?



Last but not least, this is a cocktail monkey that I found in my pocket after a friend's bachelorette party in Boston 1000 years ago. Why do I still have it and why does he live on my work desk? I'm not entirely sure, but maybe he reminds me of my friends and of enjoying delicious fruity cocktails in the shadow of the Green Monster? I'm going with that, yeah.



So there you have it. Show me your Office Space! Oh, and have a happy weekend.

XOXOX

ETA: Whiskey Girl has already posted her Office Space. YAY! Keep 'em coming!

19 comments:

Toni Brayer MD said...

Mine is way too messy to show. Yours is positively austere in comparison

MtnMama said...

Love it. I got your monkey right away; we all need our little moments of Zen. The Bobbleheads no doubt cause consternation among your coworkers. (good job!)
Of course you get an A for the fam pics! ~ they aren't fake that came w/the frame, for pete's sake!
word verf= chimp
(so perfect)

Mala said...

Oh you've asked for it! My desk is a deeeeee-zaster! But fuck, I have but a 24 inch by 24 inch work space, so there!
I heart the snow globe!!!

Whiskey Girl said...

Thanks for showing yours... now head on over to see me so I can show you mine.

PorkStar said...

I about pulled my zipper down and snapped a pic of ..... i did? what?

I'll show you mine on Monday... today is just too busy with people and if i take pics here right now, people are going to think i'm blogging or something...

Bev said...

Dr. Toni - Welcome! Aw, c'mon.... Show us your desk. Nobody said it has to be neat & tidy!

Mtn Mama - You know I'm all about the moments of Zen! Oh, and my coworkers are idiot dorkwads who don't get my jokes, so I doubt they've even noticed my bobbleheads. Fuckers.

Mala - I love the pic you sent me! Now get bloggin', biznatch!

Whiskey Girl - WTG!! I love it. Thanks!

Porky - Um, I guess I should have specified no wee-wees either. Show me your desk, ya big city perv!

calicobebop said...

I'm with Pork - I'll have to do mine on Monday (if I remember!)

Love the log flume snow globe!! I am so jealous!

Stacie's Madness said...

love it.

Elliott said...

I'll have to sneak the camera in Monday, I have one of those 'business only' cell phones that has no camera function. Since they instituted a clean(er) desk policy here, it's not as interesting, but my monitor is big enough that I'm hidng two old soda cups, two water bottles and a hedgehog.

My friend Bob works for a large Catholic university and keeps a Martin Luther bobblehead on his desk. I had a George Webb bobblehead on my desk for a while, but took it home in one of my "I'm not quitting yet, but it's close" fits.

Elliott said...

damn stalker button...

Mr. Condescending said...

I just saw the big lebowski haha it definitely lived up to the hype.

I thought this post was a great idea bev!

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

Sorry. I can't do that. I have too many proprietary structures hung around the joint and, frankly, I'm too lazy to cover them up, even for you, Bevariffic.

Bev said...

Calico - Remember! Come on, ya know ya want to....

Stacie - Thx.

Elliott - Oh, I'm very familiar with those kinds of fits! I've had them many a time. This time, though, I mean it! 2010 is MY YEAR.

Mr. C - Thanks! I'm glad you like TBL too. I'm never sure when I recommend it, as it can be an acquired taste.

Jenks - What? Even for ME? Oh, come now. You have seen my amazing rack, right? I don't get it....

Samsmama said...

I'd take a picture of my "work area" but you've all seen my couch. *sigh*

The Peach Tart said...

nice setup

Mala said...

Alright, I may regret it, but I've done the photo of shame over at my place. I think it'll inspire me to clean it up (aka throw a bunch of shit out - seriously I did exactly that only 2 weeks ago!)) and post an updated picture in hopes of redeeming myself.

ugh.

Next time can't we just photocopy our arses?

Elliott said...

It is done, at least Part 1 of 2, the 'home office'.

http://microcows.blogspot.com/2009/11/sunny-funday-foto-festivus.html

I'll get the shots of my equally dismal 'office-office' tomorrow. Prepare to be just as unimpressed with that one.

outdoor wedding venues said...

You are luck man you have very nice office. I don't have because I a doing field work. But I hope one day i also have.

Cosmetic Makeover said...

I can totaly respect others that can provide their opinion without resorting to nastiness or personal insults. Those are the ones that get my respect.