Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Oh Photoshop, how I've missed you!

Greetings, peeps! How is everyone on this fine pre-Thanksgiving Wednesday? I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I've got the day off and just stuffed myself full of last-night's lasagna left-overs, so I'm full and happy and just a little sleepy. Ok, a lot sleepy. Might have to squeeze in a nap sometime during my busy schedule of doing absolutely nothin' today.

The other day our friends Mark & Laurie were over and Mark noticed the family Christmas wish list that was hanging on our fridge. I'd written my one request: "Photoshop Elements." I have a full (pirated) version of Photoshop on the desktop, you see, but I don't use that computer anymore since I got my laptop about a year ago, and I really missed having access to good photo editing software. Well, Mark saw the list and told me to take that item off my wish list because his company has older versions of Adobe software that he could give me. YAY! So the other day when I was over at Laurie's house Mark presented me with the entire Adobe suite, which would easily retail for over $1,000. SCORE!!!!!!!!!

I've only had a few minutes here and there to play with it (that's what she said!), but so far I'm having fun.




I think you all know what I'll be doing over the next 5 blissful days off from my crap job! Btw, I take requests....

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! For the first time in over a decade we are not making the 9-10 hour drive to Pennsylvania to spend this holiday with the in-laws. Color me happy! We decided to spend the day here at our home, and I'm cooking the whole shebang. I can't wait, actually. I got an obscenely large turkey and tomorrow morning I'll be doing my darndest to wrestle it into a roasting pan and stuff it full of bready goodness. Let's hope it goes better than the first time I tried to cook a turkey; I couldn't tell which end was which in my bleary 5 AM state, so I found myself trying to cram stuffing into the bird's poop chute for a solid 8-10 minutes before realizing my error. OOPS. Hey, at least I remembered to take out the giblet sack, so cut me some slack, Jack!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I am thankful to know all of you, and thankful that anyone shows up to read my ramblings. Wishing you all a joyous and tipsy holiday!

13 comments:

Stacie's Madness said...

love the photoshop skills....

hope you have a great thanksgiving!

Shannon said...

You fight for your rights in your satin tights darling! Here's a question not related to this particular blog, but over all blog related-How did you get your comment line to say ...bats in my belfry? I have a monkey related line that I want to use. Happy Gobble and such to the Bev Family.

Bev said...

Stacie - Thanks! Hope yours is great as well.

Shannon - From your Blogger dashboard, click "Layout." Then in the "Blog Post" box, click edit. You'll see little text boxes there; one says "comments." Change it to whatever floats your boat. :)

Happy Gobble back at'cha!

Mala said...

You and RPatz make a fabulous couple! I can see your Christmas cards now...

Good luck cooking the bird. Maybe you could just use your Photoshop magic and whip up a picture of the family enjoying a deelish feast. Close enough.

Happy Thanksgiving!

MtnMama said...

I'd be so jazzed to get free software like that! Go you!

I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner and yet haven't had the chance for YEARS. I am very grateful that someone loves me enough to invite us to their house tomorrow, but in my heart I really wish I had the room to have it here. *sigh*
I may get my own turkey for Friday. We'll see.

Have a fantastic several days off! I'm having a surprisingly good time with my munchkin, despite her cold.

Stuart said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that program. He he.

Have a great Thanksgiving. Cheers!

wv - snuckin: this is one of those combination words that I love so much. one of the words in it is "snugglin'" ...

Samsmama said...

You could try Lord of the Dance music if you want something upbeat. I skated to Braveheart one year and it was a lot of fun! That soundtrack has both fast and slow parts.

Bev said...

Mala - Photoshop. Is there anything it can't do?

MtnMama - The offer to spend Turkey Day here in NH still stands! I'm sure the flight would be quick and painless.... haaaar.

Stuart - Best. WV. EVER. I love it!!

Samsmama - your comment seem oddly familiar. Are you plagarizing FRANK?

Jillinator said...

OMFG - I snorted when I laughed while picturing you trying to give your turkey a stuffing enema. BWAAHAAAAA!!!!
I'm sure it'll be great - I'm finally done all the homemade rolls (yum, but a pain in the ass) and the pies... tomorrow on to turkey, stuffing, potatoes & squash. I'm a glutton for punishment. Is 9AM too early for wine?

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

You could give Lynda Carter a run for her money any old day, and Bev as Bella? Yep, works for me!

We aren't doing turkey this year, soooooo sad. Save the neck for me!

Cosmetic Makeover said...

Photoshope is really a very nice software. i m also working on it or you can say i also love photoshope..

Horrible Headwound Harry said...

how did i miss this post? love photoshop, but your head looks funny in the Bobby Patt pic...

Happy Thanksgiving (almost a week late)!!!

Harmony said...

I agree, you and RPatz? Fab all the way! I never did get photoshop down. BUT, that might have something to do with not ever using it, although I do see it's benefits.

I hope you and the fam had a great holiday!!