Wednesday, January 13, 2010

(Kinda) Wordless Wednesday

We visited the Museum of Science in Boston last weekend, and as always, I took pictures. There was a special Harry Potter exhibition going on so of course my kid went in character. You merely have to suggest a theme and he will don a costume and fully commit to it; he has a real flair for the dramatic. I have no idea where he got that from.

(cut to me looking innocent, shrugging my shoulders in a "who me?" sort of way)

So here you have it - sorta wordless, but mostly not because even when I'm phoning it in on Wordless Wednesdays I must at least write captions.

Jim said, "Wow! That's a big scarf."



Me and Mala, "Forget the scarf, check out that bulge!"



It was a learning experience for the kids. See, here they are, learning:



Harry "Star Wars" Potter:



My youngest was not impressed. As you can see, my husband's "fro-bowl" has grown to epic proportions and it's getting a little embarrassing. I don't remember the last time he went for a haircut.



Harry Plopper:



Every time I go to the MOS I'm impressed by the gorgeous views of the city and the Charles River:




I like big bones and I cannot lie....



Have a happy day.

16 comments:

Elliott said...

Love it! It just wouldn't be a trip into public without Mala groping something, would it? Not judging, you know that. I love that the museum is so 'hands-on' that you can get that close to exhibits!

My museum never had a spaceship when I was growing up, I'm jealous.

MtnMama said...

I LOVED the picture of the dinosaur wearing a scarf! That made my day.
I love museums, and you seem to have hit all the hot exhibits (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
Very nice.

Mala said...

Elliott - it's the only reason I leave the house.

mo.stoneskin said...

I wonder whether they make the dinosaurs' bits anatomically correct.

Organic Meatbag said...

In case you hadn't noticed, the T-Rex was the most well hung of all prehistoric animals...

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

Wait. Wait wait wait.

They had a special exhibition for the most renowned student of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at the Science Museum?

tracey said...

your comment about your hubby's hair made me laugh-my husband is long over do, and despite the fact he's is ethnically irish, he's managed a jew-fro.

and i'm no scientist, but i refuse to accept that the t-rex has arms like that. i swear some pre-historic cary mcneal arranged the bones of a t rex & a cave baby & left it for some arrogant archeologist to find. that's just my theory.

calicobebop said...

Kids + museums = happy day. Muffin and I love going up to the Natural History museum and checking out all the dead animals. Hmmm, doesn't sound all that great on paper - but it really is!

Heather said...

You are awarded 10 cool points for making obscure references to male genitalia at least twice in this post. You are my hero.

Bev said...

Elliott - Oh yeah, we love the grope-age! In fact, that's why we're such a great team: I always see photo ops/things to fondle and she is always willing to do so for a pic! Win, win!

MtnMama - Glad I made your day!

Mala - well, that and brunch, right?

Mo - We had the same thoughts. You'll notice the T-Rex was Ken-doll smooth down there, which may explain why dinosaurs are now extinct.

OM - Yes, that bulge was bigger than my friend's Mini Cooper. No lie!

Jenks - Yup. And? ;)

Tracey - Your comment made me laugh WAY too hard!! So true....

Calico - No way! I love dead animals. Preferably grilled.

Heather - thanks! I think I should get a few bonus points for not even realizing that I had done so, yes?

Senorita said...

Nice pictures ! Your hubby's hairdo is priceless, lol.

Join the Gossip said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Love the pics =)

dogimo said...

I love museums! What a funny sort of lighthearted take this one has. Nice!

I wonder who gets the scarf when they're done with it. I want that scarf.

Heidi Renée said...

I want to read prehistoric Cary's cave paintings.

Salt said...

I can't fully commit to a Wordless Wednesday either.

The first thing I thought when I saw that scarf was "wow that was the easiest Where's Waldo ever". So basically I'm an idiot. But it looks like you guys had a great time.

My fiancé is currently sporting a fro-bowl of sorts as well. Thank god he's finally getting it cut on Sunday.

Bev said...

Senorita - Ha, yes... that's one word for it.

JtG - thanks!

Dogimo - I'm sure like all frugal Bostonians they fold it neatly and put it away for next winter. ;)
But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Heidi - Me too! I have a feeling they'd contain a lot of boobies.

Salt - I wish we had an end-date for the fro-bowl here, but... not so much. *sigh*