Monday, February 1, 2010

Back on the chain gang

Hello, you sexy little dollops of chocolate, you! I wanna eat you all up, and that's not pain meds talking either 'cause I'm finally off the smack! I'm pain-free and therefore back at work where the only pain I encounter is of the emotional variety. I'm rockin' a trendy neck scarf and feeling pretty sassy considering 6 days ago someone stuck a scalpel in my neck. I still can't talk much, but I'm using that to my advantage at work! The stitches come out tomorrow -- yay!

How are you all doing, my peeps? I hope to get around to all of your blogs today and catch up on the goings-on in Blogland. I've been out of the loop, for realz. I spent five days at home recovering last week; I watched five, no, six movies and didn't like a damn one. I ate ice cream every day and didn't weigh myself once. I took my pain medicine and unapologetically enjoyed the buzz. I slept when I was tired and ate when I was hungry, and I let my husband deal with the children as much as possible. All in all, aside from the pain, the wound, and the fact that I couldn't speak, it was like a little vacay. Sort of. You know, a pain-filled vacay in which you don't leave your house.

*sigh* I need to take a real vacation, clearly.

Anywhooooo. Yesterday I felt better so I stepped up to my wifely duties and made J a birthday cake. OMFG, it had been a while since I'd baked so I forgot that I am capable of creating the most amazing cake EVER!!!! Here's the recipe for those inclined to bake. It's a-freaking-mazing. I'm not kidding - this is the best chocolate cake you'll ever taste. I made the frosting that goes with it and together they are like eating a slice of moist, delicious heaven.

Other than that, I don't have a lot to report. I caught only the first few moments of last night's Grammy Awards, which was enough to see my girl Lady Gaga blow the doors off the place during her performance with Sir Elton John. LOVE. :)

Oh, and don't be hatin' on her outfits, because I think she looked like a living, walking piece of art and you know I dig it:



Magnifique!

Also magnifique:



Such talent and beauty - it's inspiring!

Right now I'm inspired to take a nap, but I can't because I'm back on the job. Boooooo. Oh well, I'll muddle through, and so will you. We'll get through this Monday together, won't we? The Bev has got your back.

20 comments:

Lindsey Himmler said...

Glad you're feeling better. That cake looks DELICIOUS.

Elliott said...

Mmmm, cake. Glad you're back to Bev au naturel!

Organic Meatbag said...

You want to eat my chocolate? Ewwwww, Bev...hehehehe...just kidding...so glad you are feeling better...stay strong, lady...

Carol said...

Bev,
Glad your feeling better and back at it. The cake looks freakin' amazing. I'll have to try it....C.

Heidi Renée said...

I've been listening to Pink all morning. OMG, love her. And you.

MtnMama said...

I fully expect you to be able to work the surgery to your advantage on the job, and not just because they are annoying dolts. Feel free to exploit away - you've earned it!

I'm going to make that cake pronto; it has all my favorite ingredients. Chocolate IS a food group.

Yes, you need a real vacation. Rock on, dear Bev!

Senorita said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That chocolate cakes looks divine !

Unfortunately I haven't met a medication that gives me a buzz or makes me feel good. I was on vocodin once after getting my wisdom teeth pulled and I wanted to hurl.

mo.stoneskin said...

You sound exceptionally chirpy.

I've rarely been called a sexy little dollop of chocolate but, let's face it, that's exactly what I am.

Salt said...

I LOVE ME SOME GA!!!

I'm so glad you are feeling great and off the junk! I'm sure you look loverly in your scarf. :)

I am now hungry for cake. So thanks for that. Actually I need for everyone to not post baked goods for the next 26 days.

Bev said...

Lindsey - Thanks, and it is! I had a food orgasm last night and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Elliott - Yessiree! Though Bev on drugs is not that different, really. If anything they just make me MORE affectionate and mushy, which means I'm practically humping people's legs, I'm so friendly. Maybe that's why the mailman kept coming back all day on Thursday?

OM - Thanks, dude! I'll pass on eating your chocolate though, ya delightful little perv, you!

Carol - Thanks! Do try it, and let me know how it comes out.

Heidi - Awww, thank you!!! I love Pink. Such a natural show woman!

MtnMama - Oh yes, it's a food group alright! Unfortunately I've been indulging a bit too much.... Gonna have to buckle down now that I'm officially recouperated. My pants are snug. :-/

Senorita - Now, that is a crime. Not being able to enjoy vicodin is just not fair at all!

Mo - Yes, I am chirpy, and yes, you are a dollop of chocolate. Yum!

Bev said...

Salt - You're fabulous. Have the cake! :)

Heather said...

Can I have some cake pretty please? FedEx?

Also, I'm a slight bit jealous of Lady Gaga's ability to dress rather "strangely" and pull it off as looking like living "art". If I dressed like that people would drag me to the looney bin.

Frank Irwin said...

So, Bev, your postman rang more than twice?

I want to know what the liquid was that was flowing off of Pink, when she was in the air.

Or maybe I don't.

onebadmamajama said...

Yumm..chocolate cake! *sigh* I'd take a drug induced vacay over no vacay at all LOL A little drug induced reality sounds really really good right about now:)

YAY to Bev feeling better..BOO! to work!

onebadmamajama said...

Don't mind me..just stalking:)

Cary said...

Ok, what is this stalking business? I don't get it.

Welcome back to the land of the living, La Bev. I bet you rock the scarf even better than Fred on Scooby Doo.

Pink looks like she jumped out of a burning building and they caught her in a sheet.

wv: piquadso - a rare Bolivian soft-hulled nut known for its rich, zesty flavor, which evokes the flavors of at least four other nuts.

Cary said...

Stalking!




wv: bionob

Steve Austin's penis. They rebuilt it.

dogimo said...

Aw, Jeez! I missed the Grammys! I was looking forward to that. Did Silversun Pickups perform?

Glad you're healing, reveling in your cakemaking skills and in general preparing to perform an asskicking tour on the universe!

I'm picking up a little of that last bit, as an implication.

Laura said...

Now I want chocolate cake. Mmmmmmmm. Glad you are feeling better!

Bev said...

Heather - Yeah, not many of us could get away with the Gaga look! Just today I wore my bra on the outside of my clothes, but nobody got it.

Frank - Yes, the human sprinkler effect was a little odd. Maybe Pink was REALLY scared up there...? Some questions are better off unanswered.

OBMJ - Oh yeah, the drugs were the GOOD part of the break, trust me.

Cary - LOVE the Scooby Doo reference! Love it. Though I'm really more of a Daphne, IMO.

I don't get the stalking thing either. Rhonda?

Dogimo - I love that! Yes, my asskicking tour has resumed!

I didn't see all of the Grammys so I'm not sure if Silversun Pickups performed or not. I like them, tho.

Laura - I've been eating enough cake for both of us! In fact, I'll have another slice tonight, just for you. ;)