Wednesday, February 24, 2010

(Not Really) Wordless Wednesday

AKA: Cleaning off the pictures from my cell phone day!

Here's my pride & joy debuting his new alter-ego: Captain Underpants! Yes, he came downstairs with his drawers on his head and proceeded to prance around doing superhero type things. I thought the (faded but not gone) skid mark stain on his forehead and his missing front tooth were especially nice touches.

We're so proud.


Yet another example of my Mad Parenting Skillz: my youngest was home sick last week. He didn't feel much like eating all day, so when he asked for some Cheez-Its I obliged, only to find him passed out in the bowl 5 minutes later. Awwww....



This one was taken by my husband, who then texted it to my phone. Here they are on the chair lift of the local ski hill near our house. Look at my big kid! Yet another hobby that they can share without mom. I'll be in the lodge, drinking spiked hot chocolate and reading a trashy novel if you need me....


My little guy is following in his big brother's footsteps, if this photo is any indication!! Look at that sassy lil' fella. I love this kid so much, they should name a country after it.




Finally, holy hat hair, Batman!

And yes, I know my kid's a fashion plate in this outfit. Just be glad he's wearing pants, ok? I always am (even though I hate pants).



That's all I've got, but be sure to show up tomorrow when I embarrass myself with more TMI Thursday fun!

18 comments:

BigSis said...

Love the pictures! Captain Underpants holds a dear spot in my heart because that series is what finally got my son into reading.

Kate said...

Captain Underpants lives at my house as well, but we wear dark colored boxer briefs ('cause they hide the stains, ya know.)

My child routinely eats nothing but cheerios, raisins and bananas all day long, and he poops on the floor. I ask you, between the two of us, who's the better parent?

Samsmama said...

In the cutest picture ever (where he's passed out in his bowl), what the heck is the green thing he'd been playing with? An electric tape measure? Pricing gun? I'm quite curious.

Mala said...

Fabulous pictures. Capt Underpants is awesome!!!! And little Mateo in his bowl of 'zits... so cute. Oh to sleep like that! (I mean, soundly, completely; not in my food)

Lookin' forward to tomorrow!

Elliott said...

But really, who among us HASN'T passed out after a strenuous Cheez-It eating session? They're so good, they're exhausting!

And I believe there's at least one archived photo of me with similar hair and PJ's to that final picture. And I turned out just fine.

Really.

MtnMama said...

What is it with little boys and putting their underpants on their heads? (even before the series, thanks) My nephew used to do that to... girls, not so much. Funny.

I'm with Mala: I wish I could sleep so well that I wouldn't care if my face were in a bowl.

Ah, kids! They have the incredible power to pull the whole world back into perspective and coax a smile. Superpowers, indeed!

New England Girl said...

These photos are SO precious. How I've missed your witty comments and hilarious photos. Things are never dull around your house! What is Capt. Underpants specialty, btw?

Mike said...

At least you no have bribing photographs for when he's a teenager.

mo.stoneskin said...

I'm guessing that the kids learn from their mother, Mrs Underpants...

onebadmamajama said...

Fabulous pics! I have some pics of Bubba that he is one day gonna wish I didn't have lol Boys are great!

Senorita said...

That first picture of your son is so cute ! He definitely has your smile ! My brother used to take my training bra and wear it on his head like a pilots goggles.

Heidi Renée said...

I can think of worse bowls to faceplant in.

Stacie's Madness said...

hahaha love it!!!

MJenks said...

What the hell? What kind of a person passes out with a body part in a plastic container of cheesy snacks?

Sheesh.

Deb said...

Love the little guy in the bowl. Bacardi 151 will do that to me every time...

calicobebop said...

Awesome pictures! Gotta love the kid pics - better than chocolate!

Bev said...

Thanks for the comments, cutie pies! I was out and about all day today but I sure enjoyed reading all of these. You guys are DA BOMB.

*muah*

Kris said...

Some day I will need to black mail my oldest with the pics from his youth. He came out of the bathroom with my rubber donut (I had just had our second child) on his head and said.."Look at my sombrero!" I laughed so hard I almost peed, which isn't so hard after birthing, I guess. We also have countless underwear on the head photos, too. Gotta love them boys, eh?