Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What about Blob?

Howdy! So check out this outstanding redneck parking job in the lot outside my office. Snowbanks be damned - Ah've got 4 wheel drive, mama! Nice work there, champ. You keep at it. (Pardon the photo clarity - I took this through the window screen because I'm lazy and it's fraking cold outside!)

Tuesday morning finds me happy but chilly. We're having brutally-cold weather this week but it's sunny and the sky is blue so I can't complain too much. Well, yesterday I had to put gas in my car and it was so windy and bitter that I was definitely complaining then, but we'll overlook that fact for the sake of cheerfulness, shan't we? (Is shan't a word? Fuck it, it stays.) One other thing to overlook yesterday was the fact that I was in such a hurry to get back into my warm car that I managed to dribble gasoline onto my pant leg so I was totally high on gas fumes for the whole drive home. Oh well.

I digress. It's Groundhog Day and of course the little rodent saw his shadow, not that it matters. Here in New England we know that we're in for at least another 8+ weeks of crap-weather regardless of what Punxsutawney Phil has to say about the matter. I'd also be remiss if I didn't post my favorite scene from Groundhog Day, wouldn't I? You know how I have a little thing for Bill Murray....



In other news, let's file this next tidbit under "Sucks to be You."

AAAAHHHHH-CHOOOO!


Oh, excuuuuse me! I seem to have produced a bizarre and rather creepy form of marine life! Hope I didn't get any on ya'.

Doesn't matter though since these little buggers, appropriately named "Blobfish," are going extinct because they happen to live near delicious neighbors like lobsters and crabs. When the fishermen pull up their nets they inadvertantly kill tons of these inedible (and unappetizing!) creatures, so now they're bidding this cruel world a not-so-fond farewell. It's a sad day for Blobfish everywhere!

Today as you go about your business, take a moment to think of the regal Blobfish, won't you?

I know I will.

XOXO

PS) $5 says I just found Frank his new avatar.

19 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

I am instantly enamored with Mr. Blobfish...I feel some kind of kinship with him, for he looks remarkably like me!! He's just missing a beard, that's all...

Heidi Renée said...

I was thinking Senor Blobfish looked rather vaginal... which is probably in his favor because then all the fish fetishists will want to save him. I wonder if he has teeth?

OK, now I just feel weird.

jennybean79 said...

He looks so sad - I feel for the Blob Fish.

Elliott said...

That's a bet I'm not taking. And I love the joys of winter parking. Especially the people who think it's acceptable to take up six spaces just because it's snowy. You should have at least SOME inkling of where the lines are, dumbass.

calicobebop said...

Gotta love that parking job. We have a bit of that here and if I had the ability to do it, I might. I mean damn! Too much snow and not enough parking!

Cary said...

The Blobfish looks a little like Ed Asner.

And that truck's a Ford, so 4x4 or not, the odds are 50-50 he'll be able to get off that snowbank.

MtnMama said...

I REALLY don't think Frank needs encouraging, Bev.

We see that kind of parking all the time in Colorado... the top tier of the parking garages downtown are the worst offenders. Me? I always think about getting in and out of the vehicle.

My daughter HAD to see the news to find out if Phil had seen his shadow, was subsequently crushed to learn that he had, and then askance at me that yes, it was Groundhog Day, but she still had to go to school! (Ya think her teacher oversold it a bit?)

We won't get "spring" until May, so Phil can bugger off.

Bev said...

OM - Awww, don't be so hard on the Blobfish. (heeee, sorry! couldn't resist!)

Heidi - If your vag looks anything like that please see a doctor immediately!

Jenny - You'd be sad too if you were a fish that looks like phlegm.

Elliott - Oh, we've got some of those in this lot, too. Idjits.

Calico - yeah, some years our snowbanks are mountainous! There's just nowhere to put all this snow.

Cary - Love your new pic! Very funky. Ed Asner - YES! That's who he looks like. It had slipped my mind.

MtnMama - Oh yeah, they oversold it for sure! It's just another day as far as I'm concerned. Such a silly tradition!

Salt said...

EWWW! I'm scared of it!! (The blob fish. I almost wrote "blog fish". OMG I feel a new award coming on.)

I just el-oh-elled at the parking job of your neighbor. You would think we lived in the same neighborhood. We have one of those in our community too. :)

Senorita said...

I hate to admit it, but I love me some gas fumes !

That was total douchebag parking.
What a prize that guy must be.

Poor blobfish looks so sad ! I bet he smells like vagina. Looking blobbly, wearing a frowny face, and smelling like vagina can definitly work against him.

What's a blob to do ?

mo.stoneskin said...

Blobfish are actually real and actually look like that? Blimey. And the blogfish parked his 4x4 like you showed in the picture? Unbelievable.

onebadmamajama said...

Poor little ole blobfish! With a name like that, it seems he was doomed to extinction from the get go.

Are you sure you aren't from the South? Cause I coulda swore I saw that goober parked at Hellmart this morning.;)

Anonymous said...

um okay, gross re: the blobfish. evolution should have killed that vile, disgusting being off long ago. like rosie o'donnell.

love that movie! PHIL!??! PHIL?!?!?

also, i use the word "shant" to describe these weird, soccer short-pant things that some dudes wear to play soccer. they're not shorts, they're not pants. they're shants.

Punxsutawney. what a fucked up name.

Samsmama said...

I'm so ashamed to admit this, but my husband told me he pulled off a parking job like that in his Jeep at work. Beauty part was that the passenger side was way up on the snow bank. Double bonus? He had a passenger. Poor guy.

I hate Groundhog Day, which is also known as my wedding anniversary. The first one, that is. That movie was very foreshadowing of my marriage. Every day seemed the same, but it just never got any better. I'll stop now.

Brooklyn ML said...

The blobfish looks like it would make a good cuddle toy, if it were furry and stuffed with fluff. And not smelling like a vagina. The Sierra Club should get on that.

Frank Irwin said...

Someone pay the lady.

When I lived in MA, I had a rusted out 4WD Subaru that I drove in the winter, to keep my good car out of the salt. I parked it on snow banks. Hey, I was leaving open an extra good parking spot that way!

Bev said...

Salt - It would make a GREAT blog award, for sure!! "Blob the Blogfish thinks you're swell!"

DO IT!!! And give me one so I can put it on my sidebar and look at Blob every day, pls. :)

Senorita - EW! As if Blob could get even grosser, now I think he smells like dirty vag. EW!

Mo - I know! Blobfish can't drive for shit.

OBMJ - Yes, they couldn't think of anything better? I guess Phlegm Fish was taken?

Anon - OMG! Your comment made me laugh my butt off, for rlz! Agreed, Blobs should go extinct out of sheer ugliness alone, shants should be a word, and Groundhog Day ROCKS!!

Samsmama - It's ok, I forgive your husband because he's cute and you love him. :)

Married on Groundhogs day, huh? Seems like foreshadowing....

Brooklyn - Totally. In fact, I think I've seen stuffed animals that look like Blob! No vag smell though - they were summer fresh.

Frank - YAY! Blob looks great on ya. ;)

dogimo said...

Aw, man! I love the blobfish!! That dude is Kilroy.

Secret, secret...he's got a secret...

LenkaLovee said...

haha. great parking skills there! :)