Wednesday, March 17, 2010

(Not at all) Wordless Wednesday

I'm too verbose to go wordless, and you love that about me. Damn it.

I'm not here today, I'm sitting in an Irish pub drinking Guinness with Laurie and watching the freak show in downtown Manch-Vegas. Don't hate me because I have Wednesdays off, okay?

Anyshoe, here's another glimpse at some of the more PG pics from my cell phone.

She sells seashells by the sea shore.



A few weeks ago Laurie & I pretended that it was summer and went to the beach for the day. It was brisk, but that didn't stop us from putting the top down on her convertible and enjoying the fresh salty air, walking on the beach, and enjoying a lovely harbor-side lunch. With wine, of course. Lots and lots of wine. C'mon, this is ME we're talking about....

Who let the dogs out?



Hours after they arrived, I turned to Mala and observed, "Is your husband wearing white jeans?!"

He totally was.

He didn't have a satchel, however... or maybe he just (wisely) left it in the car.

Massive Head Wound Danny



My kid has a thing for Harry Potter and will often draw a lightning bolt "scar" on his forehead while pretending to be the boy who lived. The other day he used a red marker and made this face when I took his picture. It's a little bit Harry Potter, a little bit Exorcist, and a helluva lot of awesome.

Should I be concerned that his eyes are looking in two different directions?

Eh, I'm sure it's fine.

I can't make this shit up.



I like crossword puzzles. This one was particularly amusing for some reason. Can't put my finger on why....

Have a great day, everyone, and Happy St. Paddy's Day!

21 comments:

Mala said...

What a perfect way to spend a Wednesday. Mmmmmmbeer.

I, only the other hand, will be having a bonfire on the front lawn. Now, where's those white jeans...

Elliott said...

If I thought for a second I could pull off the white jeans look without looking like Alan, I'd probably do it, too.

Bev, I think your eyes do the same thing, but that's usually in the "we've been drinking" photos. Have you checked his juice cup?

Speaking of, is it too early to start drinking? Guinness is good for you, after all. I'm sure it's after noon in Ireland...

laurieliz said...

We are not quite at the pub but will be soon!
Here is to a day of mellow drinking and NOT brawling unless of course it can't be avoided...

Elliott said...

I actually meant 'is it too early for ME to start drinking?'

Because I could really use one. This is going to be a long, tough day.

Frank Irwin said...

There's something about a woman in white jeans (or any kind of white pants, actually) that really does it for me. Dunno why.

Don't care about men in white pants, though.

That's an awesome picture of Danny.

I like crossword puzzles, too. How else would I know the name of Nick and Nora's dog?

I don't care if you are wearing green today, Imma gonna pinch you anyhows.

MtnMama said...

I miss the beach! Not enough to go back to CA, but that was one of my haunts, y'know?
Our St Paddy's parade was Saturday, but we chose not to blow a whole beautiful sunny day on crowds downtown. Got to see all the wee ones at M's school in their green attire this morning, though, and that was pretty fun.

I applaud Danny's devotion to all things Harry Potter. I'm sure those eyeballs will roll back into place... love that he's sporting a Jim cut these days.

BigSis said...

Boy, I wish I were off and drinking today. I'll have to wait until after baseball practice to start tonight. :(

Elliott said...

Frank, isn't that the only reason any of us know who Nick and Nora's dog is? And Charlie Chaplin's wife?

Frank Irwin said...

Oona and I actually watched a "Thin Man" movie, it was pretty good. Lots of drinking involved, so this crowd would like it.

MJenks said...

At least it wasn't Bear Balls. That sounds more dangerous.

calicobebop said...

lol... Your son is 100% awesome.

Yeah, I'm totally jealous of your Wednesday off at the bar. grrr...

Mala said...

May is just around the corner Bev, better get white pants shopping.

Salt said...

Best. Crossword. Ever.

I am also going to be needing that shirt. Even though I'm not Irish. It will be more ironical that way. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Today is my first day back at work after almost two weeks, so my coworkers took me out to lunch downtown where there is a different Irish bar every other block... before noon, it was already crazy. Ahhh, the good ole days...

The fact O Danny Boy is making is priceless! And I love the "Eh, I'm sure it's fine." Me too. :)

Stacie's Madness said...

LUCKY!
enjoy your day drinking.

Frank Irwin said...

Mala, I'm sure y'all will look just as good sans pants.

onebadmamajama said...

What's wrong with a satchel? Indiana Jones carried a satchel;)

I'm so freakin' jealous you live that close to the beach! I would love to go walking along the beach and pick up seashells:)

Samsmama said...

Sam brought his laptop in my room and is playing an online Storm Chasers game. We are both in my bed, both still in pajamas. He has a smidge of green on his "Smile, Mon" shirt, which is more than I can say. If I get motivated, I might shower later. Happy St. Patricks' Day from the lame McStinks.

Senorita said...

I used to have Wednesdays off.

Happy Saint Patty's Day.

If all crosswords were like that, I would be taking it up as a new hobby !

Elliott said...

Now I think I need this. And more whisky. Definitely more whisky. Big meeting at 8:00 tomorrow morning, more Guinness at this point would be irresponsible.

(And it took waayyyyy too long to type this while correcting drunken typos.)

How you doin?

Cary said...

That pic is even more disturbing than the tampon story.

Nice white jeans. Are they Toughskins?