Monday, April 12, 2010

You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Good Monday morning!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and as usual I'm tired as hell and hating my crap job. In other words, not much is new.

Groovy weekend, though! On Saturday night we went to the House of Blues in Boston to see a Led Zeppelin cover band called Get The Led Out. The Malas had seen them before and loved them, and as always our friends did not steer us wrong. Within five minutes of watching them we all agreed that:

1. they rock really, really hard, and
2. we're totally seeing them when they come to Hampton Beach in June. Yes, we're officially GTLO groupies, or Band-Aids, or whatever the heck you wanna call it.



Check out the devil eyes that I'm too lazy to fix! "Don't mess with the Devils! The Devils!!!" ~ David Puddy

It was a fun, fun night - we all get along so well and I really like our new friends M&E. I daresay that despite the fact that she's about as big as a minute, M can even keep up with La Bev & Mala when it comes to cocktails! She's one of us... it's official.


Her husband E and my husband are also having quite the bromance, which inspired us to re-watch the movie, I Love You, Man last night. We'd only seen it once and forgot how funny it is! It's a cute movie and a definite must for Rush fans. So many good lines - after the first viewing we left saying, "Slappin' da bass," but after last night I woke up giggling about "Totes, McGotes."

Anywhooooo. Not much else to report. I'll leave you with this little funny, since I do love to leave ya' laughing if at all possible. The advertising people at Snickers are really hitting 'em out of the park lately, and since it's a well-known (and documented) fact that I get a little... um, cranky when I'm hungry... this commercial really spoke to me!



But you all know that if I'm going to turn into (more of) a diva, I'm gonna be GAGA.



Later, taters!

17 comments:

onebadmamajama said...

That Snickers commercial is crackin' up! Although, I have a hard time picturing you cranky. Diva(in a good way!), yes..cranky, no:)

Elliott said...

I love that ad, and was quite upset when they cut the Liza bit from it the other day. Knees in my back, indeed.

Damn, I'm looking forward to the 25th!

Cary said...

Love the Snickers ad. Maybe they'll use Celine next time. Or Cher.

Bev said...

OBMJ - Thanks, girly! But yeah... this diva does get a little snippy if I miss a meal. It's embarrassing, but true!

Elliott - I can't guarantee that we'll be tooooo wild & crazy, but we'll do our best! Especially since I won't have my sidekick Mala with me, just my boring old hubby.

Cary - I know you love Celine!

Mala said...

Faaaaaaaaaabulous night out, Bev! While looking at that picture and doing a head count, I had to ask myself, "who the hell took that picture?"
Sorry your car smells like a bum took up residency.

Stacie's Madness said...

great post...love the picture, devil eyes and all!

MtnMama said...

GREAT Devil eyes, Bevster! And I'm so jealous; I'd be all over that band. Pretty sure they've played in Denver.

When I'm having a bad day at the office I hit the machines for a Snickers & a Diet Pepsi. So I have been really enjoying the Snickers ads, too. Plus, it's fun to see those ladies getting the work.

Waiting for the sun to come out here, but after yesterday's awesomeness, I guess I can't complain.

Bev said...

Mala - Yes, my car does indeed smell like a homeless person's resting spot, but it was totally worth it! That's what they make air fresheners for. ;)

And don't you remember our two new BFFs outside the club? The short guy and the girl who managed to remember all of our names? They'll be at Hampton!

Stacie - Thanks! I have no idea why they turned white like that. Weird!

MtnMama - They are SO WORTH seeing if they come out your way. I'm serious - I danced my butt off. It was epic!

Lose That Girl said...

The devil eyes make the weekend outing complete!

MJenks said...

It's a good ad, but I still like the one where the guy dressed a viking is putting gas in the car and goes heaving trash cans at the car parked at the convenience store.


"Noooooooooo!" *heave*

"Yesssssssss!" *heave*

I like vikings.

Samsmama said...

You forgot to mention all the fun you had Friday night, with you and I emailing back and forth. And not a single word about your uterus? What the hell kind of post is this?

Salt said...

The first time I saw "I Love You, Man", I did not love it (man). But then it was on the other night like you said and we watched it again and it was way funnier the second time!

I love Led Zeppelin. Do those guys travel? I wanna hear a cover band! You know...cuz I'll never see the real band live.

meleah rebeccah said...

That Snickers commercial is s total HOOOT! Ahahahhahaha!

Im glad you enjoyed watching the coverband Get The Lead Out. I *heart* Led Zeppelin!

PS: "I Love You, Man" is a great movie!

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

That's so funny; my husband, the HUGE Rush fan, rented I Love You Man just last night! I WAS fun, I must admit! Glad you liked it, too!

Heidi Renée said...

MJenks beat me to it. The Viking Snickers ad is the best!

Kate said...

That commercial kicks ass!

I think I will start calling you Lucifette.

Mike129 said...

Ha! You guys looks like a crazy fun bunch!