Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kinda Wordless Wednesday

Heya, Campers! Sorry I've been a bit MIA this week. I'm swamped with work and scrambling to get stuff done before we leave for vacation on Friday. I still love yous, though, so never fear!

Since I've got zero time today I'm going to actually make Wednesday mostly wordless, for a change!

Here are some pics from my kid's bday party last weekend. Yes, we survived having 16 kids and their parental units inside my little house on a rainy day! Then, I drank heavily. In a related story, my vacuum cleaner picked a really shitty week to die....

The Birthday boy came to his own party in character. Notice the Darth Vader head behind him? That's the ill-fated pinata!


I'll wait while the neat-freaks among us finish having their panic attacks.



Another year, another Cake Wreck. This time they gave it to me with Darth & Luke face-planted in the cake. Epic!



Mala had some fun with the frosting....



The goody bags were a big hit!



It is a poorly-made pinata that breaks on the first hit!


Technical difficulties... please stand by.


Taking turns whacking the Darth head.




Which of course, made us think of this:

Success! Let the feeding frenzy begin!


Gotta run, peeps! I promise to get back to substantive posts tomorrow! :)
xoxo

8 comments:

Salt said...

That was a cake battle that EVERYONE lost!

Fun looking party! I love Wordless (or kind of wordless) Wednesdays. It gives your brain a bit of a break.

Mala said...

Ahhhhh, it was nice having that sound track from Office Space playing in my head while watching the kids go all mid-evil on Vader's ass....errrr, I mean head.

MtnMama said...

Ever since I first saw Office Space I have thought of that scene in association with pinatas. Glad to know we're on the same page! ;)
The cake is a definite fail - WTH are those shapes supposed to be? A boat anchor and a flower?
You're a better woman than I am, as I've said. But your house doesn't look too destroyed (in that picture...)
I had a vacuum once that died as I was trying to clean up Christmas tree needles. I think it's a conspiracy.

Heidi Renée said...

Wow, those symbols on the cake aren't even close to what they're supposed to look like. I hope it tasted good!

mo.stoneskin said...

Any kid dressed as Vader is the coolest of the cool. Spot on.

*struggle, wheeze*

Hold on, just got to sort out my Vader mask. It's suffocating me.

Bev said...

Haha!! Thanks, everyone!

The cake... I know! I even switched places this year, yet it still came out like that. Wth?

Frank Irwin said...

Maybe the cake decorator made the same switch.

I'm Jane said...

I gotta say...the cake is kinda trippy...