Monday, April 5, 2010

Awake? Notsomuch

Mornin', folks! That was some party we had on Friday, huh? You guys... wow. You really know how to tie one on! When Frank put that lampshade on his head, I knew things were getting out of hand! What fun - thanks again.

Today I am tired. This is about the third weekend in a row that I haven't rested one little bit, and I'm just plain worn-out. Not that I didn't love every minute of my weekend, because I definitely did. I'm just too pooped to tell you much about it.



My weekend, in a nut shell. ("Help, I'm in a nutshell!")

* Friday: dinner (with lots of wine) and a couple of silly movies with Mala. Super fun night, but I didn't get home till after 1 AM. Totally worth it, of course!



SOOYL was adorable, and we both enjoyed it. HTTM was as goofy as we expected it would be, but we laughed. My favorite part was the cameo by Mr. "Cobra Kai" himself, Johnny Lawrence!



Really, what 80's themed movie would be complete without the ultimate blond (pre-Draco Malfoy) villain?

* Saturday AM: Spring cleaning like a mofo, thereby transferring all of my home's dirt onto myself in the process.

* Saturday PM: Went to a back yard party at Laurie's house. The kids spent hours on an inflatable water slide while we sunbathed and drank chilled white wine. I could get used to 80 degree weather in April, but I won't. I know how Mother Nature likes to fuck with us here in New England.

* Sunday: Drove to Vermont to spend the day with my lovely family for Easter. Did an egg hunt and nature walk to visit the tadpoles. When will I learn never to dress in a skirt/dress when I visit my mother? I had to borrow a sweatshirt and her size 10 shoes for the walk, so I was clomping around like a mismatched Clydesdale. Yes, there's a photo, but I'm saving that one. It's a doozy. It was a great day, though!

Which brings us to this Monday morning when I feel like I've been run over by a garbage truck and possibly dragged beneath it for a while. I really need to start taking it easier on the weekends. Starting... well, not next weekend, or the one after that. Then we have vacation. Okay, so April's pretty much shot. Starting in May, I'm going to rest more. I mean it.

This week on the OOBH: I'm going to do another installment of "Show Me Yours," so look for that whenever I get off my duff and scan some photos one day this week and be prepared to play along! Thursday will be the last TMI Thursday sponsored by LiLu, but that doesn't mean I won't still regale you with tales from the restricted section of my head, so never fear. OOBH Stew on Friday, assuming I find decent ingredients 'round the interwebz over the next few days. Good stuff, all around.

So now tell me, how were your weekends? Hit the highpoints, peeps. If you celebrate Easter, have you come down from the sugar high yet? Spill.

19 comments:

BigSis said...

I agree - having fun is exhausting. It's totally worth it though!

Mala said...

Awwwww poor Bevers. Feel free to pull up a blanket and pillow and take a little nappie-poo under the ol' desk. I won't tell.

Frank Irwin said...

Just don't forget the "nappie" portion of the poo.

MtnMama said...

I can really relate to the "dragged under the truck" feeling. M is back in school today after a loooong Spring Break, so I am doing absolutely nothing today. I mean it.

M was quite concerned that the EB wouldn't be able to cope with doing an indoor egg hide, but she was thrilled to discover that the EB has magic beyond her expectations! :)

The egg dye-ing stuff is getting worse every year. I think I'll write to PAAS and complain.

I saw some unmemorable movies and got tortured by lots of free-range children this weekend. Is it nap time yet?

onebadmamajama said...

My weekend was excellent mostly because I didn't have to go to work! We are slowly recovering from the Easter festivities here but the recovery won't be complete til the kids and I devour every last piece of Easter candy. That will probably happen sometime today;)

Word verif: geremble LOL I can't think of a joke..the word itself seems to be the joke!

MJenks said...

I got no candy.

The other three members of the household got Easter baskets. Me? Not so much.

The Easter Bunny is so altruistic.

Heidi Renée said...

My neighbors set up an egg hunt in our yard yesterday morning to teach their kids about zombie jesus day and didn't invite us to participate while their kids shrieked outside our bedroom window. So much for sleeping in.

Mala said...

Heidi, do you not own a gun? Because that was the perfect opportunity to teach their kids about property lines and trespassing!

Rich Girl Red said...

I feel ya, Bev. I always wake up tired (read: hungover) at least one day of the weekend. I spent Saturday shopping with the hubs--his idea-and was delighted to be served by a salesclerk at Dillard's named . . . wait for it . . . LaSherla Manlove. I'm not lying. I've got her business card.

I miss doing the egg/bunny thing--my kids are too old. (I do NOT miss the smell of that vinegary PAAS egg dye crap though. Reminds me of that odd bag hanging on the back of grandma's bathroom door.) Since my kids are older, I bought camo eggs for them to find. Now THAT was funny.

Heidi Renée said...

Nope, no guns here. Just a menacing Wii crossbow. If we weren't renters I would've had some words, but we have enough problems with these hillbillies as it is.

Senorita said...

I want to see both of those films, it sounds like they were good !

Surprisingly I didn't eat a lot of sugar on Easter. Well, at least not as much as I expected.

Jillinator said...

We had a good Easter here... went into the office on Sat but Sunday was a no work day for me :) Went to my parents and got the typically inappropriate comments from my bil (he's hilarious... hubby loves that Bri always has a more inappropriate comment than he does so he feels like he can say just about anything else... this time it was Bri zooming in on the bday cake for my nephew across the table from me... but actually zooming on my boobs rather than the cake). Whew... I'll stop now

mo.stoneskin said...

1am is very late, you ARE a wild child. And I'm glad the white wine was chilled. Glad you clarified I mean, otherwise I would have shuddered and called the wine police.

Salt said...

I have been SO on the fence about HTTM. My best friend was trying to convince me to go see it with her, but I declined. Maybe I should go? Cobra Kai is reason enough for me!

Carol said...

Made Easter baskets for the kids and hid them. I thought they would have grown out of the tradition but noooooo. Even teens love candy. Dyed the eggs but didn't hide them as they had grown out of that one. Beef roast and wine with neighbors later. I feel tired after reading all you did. I better go rest.

Samsmama said...

Sam was gone all weekend. Cut to us, having our first drink before noon on Saturday. Thank you, baby Jesus.

Stacie's Madness said...

sounds like a busy weekend!
same here with the warm weather, they are calling for snow tonight...
*shakes fist in air*

Elliott said...

Sounds like a fun Easter, I spent mine sequestered in my hotel room watching movies on HBO, and found a nice little Japanese restaurant for dinner.

As for the rest of my week, it's been busy, as evidenced by my just now getting around to reading Monday's post. (And me, despite being sober, typing Wednesday versus Monday the first time through).

Oh, and I have a home in Ohio, (or will tomorrow once I sign the lease) so that's a bonus.

jessica o said...

I frickin' love you! AND yeah, Easter rocks like Halloween. I just finished scarfing all of little Ava's Easter chocolate. They were worth all 60 Weight Watchers points. Fucking diet.

I'm not happy about the bit where there might be homework involved in reading your blog. I still say that I could've made it into Harvard if I had just done my homework.