Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Show me YOURS!

I know I promised a new game of Show Me Yours last week, but... well, last week just got away from me and I didn't get around to it! So we'll do it this week, mkay?

The last time we played was waaaaay back in 2009, when I asked you all to show me your workspaces/desks/computing locations. We had fun peeking into our fellow FOOBH's homes, didn't we? I know I enjoyed putting on my stalking hat and eyeballing your special areas. **eyebrow wiggle**

This time might require a tad* more effort, but what's a little effort between friends? This week's Show Me Yours is...

< DRUM ROLL >
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Your Senior Portrait!

Ta DAAAAAAAA!

That's right. I'm asking you to unearth your high school senior portrait and scan that bad boy in for us to make fun of admire. If you don't have a scanner, take a picture of a picture for us. If you don't have a photo, how's that GED working out for you?

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Next Monday 4/19, post your photo on your blog and let me know so I can include you in a list of links here on the OOBH. If you don't have a blog or don't want to post it there, just email it to me and I'll post it for you here.

It's just that simple! To prove that I do put my money where my mouth is, I will not only post my own sucktacular photo but those of my entire immediate family.

Are ya ready, kids?



I can't hear you!



Okay, settle down.

This is my babelicious mother in 1964:



You know how the Olson twins are rumored to say "prune" when having their photograph taken so that their lips look all puffy and pursed just-so? I think my mom invented that trick.

My handsome father, circa 1957:



My sessy sistah in 1986:



(Forgive the 'do and the pink pearls, ok? It was the 80's!)

And of course, La Bev. Take your pick:



Ha ha! Okay, okay. Those aren't really my Senior pics, but you'll have to wait till next week for that one. :) Since you're such patient little puppies I'll also include my college yearbook photo. No extra charge.

Okay, your turn! Fire up those scanners and buh-ring it! It's rare that I assign homework, so please don't leave me hanging!

Next Monday. You. Me. All of us.

Doing it, it, IT! Well, sorta.

* In space terms that's about a half a million miles.

25 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I'm down. I knew there was a good reason for me to move all of my high school and college yearbooks across the country!

My husband never bought school pictures or a yearbook. Not once. And he didn't get senior pictures taken. I don't know if his parents have any pictures of him from his teen years at all! He says it's an era best forgotten.

Samsmama said...

I didn't get my Senior picture taken. The night before I was to get them taken my best friend and I tripped on acid. I was still awake with pupils dilated when my appt time rolled around. Yeah. Didn't happen.

For whatever reason, I still submitted a Senior quote. SO original, too.

"What a long, strange trip it's been."

Somehow the year book committee screwed up and put the quote under the picture of the girl next to me, alphabetically. Ironically, she was as pure as Snow White. It made me laugh.

Mala said...

OK, I'm in.... of course it's gonna require me to make a trip to my Dad's house and steal it off the wall. But I'll do it! Coz I love you! And because they made me look like one of the cast members from Caddy Shack (hint: not Bill Murray)

Mala said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Samsmama - THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Audra said...

Mine and my mama's are on my facebook, feel free to steal lol

Deb said...

O...M...G!!!!!!!!!!

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh my! I dont event think I have my Senior Portrait? But I cant wait till next week to see YOURS!

onebadmamajama said...

I'm glad you've given us a week, cause it will probably take me that long to find it:) Also, I'm gonna try and find one of my senior casuals as well! Oh yeah, it was 1986, so you can just imagine LOL

Elliott said...

I may have to get in touch with the HS ex-girlfriend to pull her yearbook pic. I'm almost certain she had the same sweater on as your sister. (Well, not the SAME one, but one just like it...)

Hopefully I'll find the HS yearbooks before I leave on Sunday, I dawdled since I hated having my picture taken, and was relegated to taking my own so I'd have something in time for the yearbook. It was craptacular.

Salt said...

YES. Count me in. Because strangely enough, I found my senior portrait the other day. And I'm sure you want to see me in all of my bleach blonde, facially pierced glory. :)

Bev said...

Heidi - Yay!! Can't wait to see yours!

Smama - LMAO! That is the best reason to skip picture day... EVER. Although, I always thought I looked hot with dilated pupils. Then again I was on drugs, so what did I know?

Mala - I can't wait to see that, although if it's not my man Bill Murray... were you the gopher? ;)

Lacey Underall? Spaulding?

Audra - Oh, I'll be stealing! Count on it!

Deb - :) You look fab! *mmmuuuuuauaaaaah*

meleah - Oh come on, dig through your drawers (heee) for us!! If not, that's ok... just come gawk at our awkward teen years!

OBMJ - I cannot wait!! Casuals, eh? I might need to find a few of my nerdier club photos to scan too, in that case!

Elliott - I can't wait! A self-portrait for the yearbook? We had a few of those. One chick posed with her cat, and another guy posed with his clarinet. Both graduated as virgins, strangely enough.

Salt - YEAH baby! That's what I'm talkin' about! I can't wait to see that, punk rock girl!

MtnMama said...

I love how glamorous your mom is.

I've done those swap-out-the-hair pics, even did some of M. Great fun.

I'll email you mine because I don't want to post it on my blog, but I know just where it is... I think.

MtnMama said...

Oh, and the editor of the yearbook had a big crush on me, so unpopular (completely UNKNOWN) as I was, there are candid pics of me in the yearbooks. Confused a lot of people, I'm sure. Even then I imagined a lot of kids saying "Who IS that?"

Heidi Renée said...

My sister had pictures with her clarinet, with our rabbit, with a flower patch, with an arch... and on and on. The whole package. I'll post hers too if she'll let me. They're gorgeous and they make mine look like mug shots from the county slammer.

Elliott said...

Strangely enough, the kid next to me, who was next to me in almost every yearbook from 3rd grade on, had a self-portrait as well.

I really never wanted my picture taken at all, and I remember HATING the pictures when they came back from Walgreens.

And yes, I was a virgin when I graduated, but at least I didn't pose with animals or instruments.

Samsmama said...

"at least I didn't pose with animals or instruments" is about the most perverted thing I've ever read.

They put my quote under Susan Murphy's picture. Want to post hers?

Elliott said...

Why do I now feel I need to Photoshop a beaver and a trombone into my senior pic?

Cary said...

Mine is awesome. Sending it to you now.

Chris Rock says GED stands for "Good Enough Diploma."

Cary said...

oh and btw, your mom's like hot and stuff, yo

Carol said...

OK I'll play......cause it was a billion years ago and I actually look attractive, no animals or instruments though.

Kate said...

I hope I can find my yearbooks! Ooh, maybe I can even find a cheerleading pic so I can show off what great muscular legs I had many, many moons ago. And boobs, wow I had great boobs. And my ass, it was awesome. Never mind, now I'm depressed.

Frank Irwin said...

I'll try to find mine. I also had great boobs.

Harmony said...

I, too, didn't get my Senior picture taken. But I don't have a cool reason like Samsmama..mine is pretty pathetic so I won't get into it. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

Frank Irwin said...

Sorry. Couldn't find mine.

Nej said...

Damn....this is what I get for taking a week (or two) off from reading and writing the grand blogosphere. :-) :-) I'll have to dig my pics out sometime, I can turn my homework in for half credit...right? :-)