Thursday, May 20, 2010

Is it Awards Season already?

I know it's Thursday, but I don't feel like spilling TMI today. I did enough of that on Tuesday what with all my blabbing about Dr. Dong, etc, don't ya think? Btw, thanks for ALL of your kind words and comments. You are the wind beneath my wings! For rlz.

What I do feel like doing today is saying thanks to some sweet peeps who gave me awards recently.

Tamara at Nesting Pretty and Jessica O. at Agave Butterfly gave me the Sunshine Award because I'm so bright and shiny and shit. Thank you, ladies!

I'd like to pass the Sunshine Award on to a few people who always make me smile when I hear from them:
Rich Girl Red
Big Sis
Mjenks
Brooklyn ML
Tracey
Harmony
Liz

I am rather shiny and happy today because the weather is outstanding. Of course, I am stuck inside working so I can't go out and enjoy it, but I am still loving the sunshine and blue skies outside my window. Today's annoying work situation comes in the form of a high-pitched alarm that's coming from the telephone equipment closet. I've already called the phone company and they're supposed to come fix it, but not before every single person who walks through my office asks me what it is, tells me it's annoying (duh), and asks when it will be fixed.

ANYWHO. Back to the awards!

Stacie gave me this "awesome commenter" award, which is nice of her considering that I've been terrible about commenting on all of your blogs lately. Sorry about that... been busy. She asked some Q's to go along with the award, so I'll answer.


1) A night in or a night out?

I love nights out, but most of the time I stay in. I'm a homebody.

2) Movies at the theater or in your own home?

In my home.

3) If you found your Ex on Facebook/Myspace would you stalk their page?

Um, definitely. Duh.

4) Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall?

Fall.

5) Do you tell your best friends EVERYTHING?

Just about, but I do keep some secrets to myself. Some things are just too private to share with anyone.

6) Does your family know about your blog?

My sister and husband do, but otherwise, no. And the hubby rarely reads it.


7) Are you a mysterious person or a tell all person?

Mostly tell-all. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and if you hurt my feelings, I will say so.

8) Why do you blog?

I need a creative outlet, I love to write, and I dig attention. What? I said I was honest.

9) What are some issues you refuse to blog about?

Sex with my husband, politics & religion.

10) HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME? ;)

A whole helluva LOT!

Since this award is for great commenters, I will pass this along to everyone on my top 10 commenter list! Currently that means the following 10 people are charged with answering my silly questions whenever they get around to it. If you don't want to make a post on your blogs, just answer in the comment section, mkay? Also, anyone who isn't on the Top 10 Commenters list can still answer in the comment section. I'd love to hear your answers!

Frank Irwin
Mala
MtnMama
Samsmama
Salt
onebadmamajama
Heidi Renée
Elliott
Cary

Okay, Stacie already GAVE me the award, so I guess I can't really give it back to her. So I'd like to add Senorita to the list as well.

My 10 questions:

1. What is your most embarrassing moment of all time?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
4. What is your browser's home page?
5. What color do you never, ever wear?
6. Are you a nature-lover or a city-slicker?
7. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be? (none of that "more wishes" crap!)
8. Do you have any scars? How'd you get them?
9. Ever seen a ghost?
10. What is your dream job?

Have fun! I'm looking forward to hearing your answers.

22 comments:

Samsmama said...

Holy hell, lady! That's a whole lot of link love. You da woman! I promise I'll do this today. Also had a meme thing (or whatever they're called) in mind you might want to play along with. More like a "show me yours" deal.

I simply cannot read "winter, spring, summer, or fall" without it being in a sing-songy voice, then following it up with, "all you have to do is call." So, thanks for that.

Mala said...

I'm horrible with awards. I totally appreciate them and all, but really bad about participating. But I will give it a go. I promise.

Salt said...

PANDA!!!! I think this is my favorite award EVER. Thank you thank you Bev!! I knew that obsessively reading and commenting on your blog would pay off. :)

We are having shiny happy weather here too! Isn't it grand?

onebadmamajama said...

Cool! I love to get awards! I'll give this a a go in a little while on my blog.

Stacie's Madness said...

great questions...

samsmama...that is TOTALLY where the question came from, that song was on...and don't you have to be bloggin to get awards ???? ;)

word verification..."hotype". you KNOW IT.

Bev said...

Smama - Yay!! This will make for a fun blog post, yes? I, for one, can't wait to read your answers. :)

And yes, I sing that song when I see those words too!

Mala - Get on it, woman! Next time you don't feel like writing on your blog, do this. It's like creativity in a box with a big orange ribbon on top, just for you. You're welcome.

Salt - I know, I love the Panda design! So cute. The weather is sooo grand. I can't wait to get out and enjoy it!!

OBMJ - Yay! Can't wait to read your post!

Stacie - is that "hot type" or "ho type?" Either way....

Elliott said...

I'm answering here, consider it the most productive thing I've done all week. (It's actually the second most productive thing I've done all week, and since it's Thursday, the most productive thing I've done all week is poop. Every 20 minutes. For days now.)

1. What is your most embarrassing moment of all time? When we took my daughter and niece on a cruise, they walked in on Lori and I 'doing it'. I don't think the niece knew since our daughter shuffled her out of there immediately, but she knew.

2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh, food, how I miss you. Seriously, spaghetti carbonara. True Roman-style, not what most places here pass off.

3. How old were you when you had your first kiss? There's photo evidence of me as a three-year-old make-out king, seducing a woman a whole year my senior. However, we'll go with 14.

4. What is your browser's home page? Usually, iGoogle and my company's home page. I'm between computers right now, so we're just rocking straight-up Google.

5. What color do you never, ever wear? I tend to avoid hot pinks and purples. Can you blame me?

6. Are you a nature-lover or a city-slicker? Depends on the mood. Grew up in the city, going camping on weekends, now we live in the 'burbs and hit the city.

7. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be? (none of that "more wishes" crap!) The ability to instantly understand, speak and read any language upon seeing or hearing it, a checking account that never dried up (to heck with that 'all the money in the world' crap, I just want to buy the few things we want without worrying about how to pay for them), and I'll have to get back to you with a third one...

8. Do you have any scars? How'd you get them? Have a few scars on my right wrist and hand from a major wipe-out running the President's Physical Fitness exam in 8th grade, long scar up the left wrist from a mishap with a claw hammer in the garden while building the fence, a gash on one cheek from slamming into a door jamb when I was two, and a myriad other little scars. I'm clutzy.

Oooh! Wish number three, stop being so clutzy.

9. Ever seen a ghost? Heard them, went chasing but never found them. Footsteps in my parents' duplex when the upper apartment (previously my grandparents') was vacant, and shuffling in my old church when my friend and I were working in the basement. We cut up opposite staircases and never found anyone, no possible way out of the building without one of us seeing someone.

10. What is your dream job? That's tough. I love my new job, and I love the new challenges it presents, but ideally my dream job will let me work when I want to, make enough money to live comfortably, and probably talk to people about food and nerdy crap. I guess that would mean: "My dream job is someone paying me $200k a year to write my blog."

And the award for longest comment ever goes to...

Kate said...

Oh Bev, you deserve all of the awards. And I think samsmama will back me up here when I deem you "Queen of the Links." (Let's face it, there are WAY worse things to be the queen of.)

Just noticed Salt's picture...geez, hottie much?

onebadmamajama said...

Done!

Thanks, Bev! It was alot more fun that I thought it was gonna be lol

Rich Girl Red said...

Gee, an award! I don't know how to thank you! I love awards--any excuse to wear my tiara around the house. (They match my diamond pasties.)

I love your questions! Lots of interesting conversation fodder there, for sure.

Heidi Renée said...

Thanks! I'd like to thank my hairdresser...

Wait, wrong speech.

My husband doesn't read my blog, either. But my parents and my sister do, so at least there's that.

Bev said...

YAHOO!

Elliott, I dig your answers, and not just because a lot of them are just like mine would be. Dream job - CHECK.

And FUCK. I forgot to add the awesome Kate the Great to my Sunshine award list!! Kate, I wuv you. You make me smile too. xoxoxo

OBMJ - Yay! Can't wait to read your answers!

RGR - LMAO @ your sparkly tiara and matching pasties. You are my sister from another mister.

Heidi - Yes, but I actually prefer that he doesn't read it. He made a comment recently and I was like, Um, don't do that again." It cramps my style, yo!

But I'm glad my sister reads it! Love ya, Deebers!!!

Harmony said...

I'm starting my day off on the web late today..had to take Audra to the ER (for her migraine..she is doing better).

Ahem

Whoot! You seriously made me do my giggle smile for making me seem nice..Aww I love it! Thanks Bev! You make my day brighter too!!

MtnMama said...

Bev, I'm thrilled for you on the awards. You are a spot of sunshine in MY life, that's for sure.

I'm going to go ahead and answer here, too.

1. What is your most embarrassing moment of all time?
I agreed to participate in a skit in front of the whole High School that was unrehearsed and did NOT go as planned. And a picture ended up in the yearbook.
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chocolate
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
1st grade. 6? Real one? Junior High
4. What is your browser's home page?
Google
5. What color do you never, ever wear?
Orange
6. Are you a nature-lover or a city-slicker?
Nature lover
7. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be? (none of that "more wishes" crap!)
To live long enough to see my daughter have children
To stay healthy
To one day have a little place of my own again
8. Do you have any scars? How'd you get them?
Hell yes. Lots of little ones from dumb accidents and mishaps and a C-section scar that has actually faded nicely
9. Ever seen a ghost?
No, but plenty of monsters
10. What is your dream job?
Getting paid to write creatively

Frank Irwin said...

Can I do this tomorrow? I've been up since 4 this morning.

kthanx.

Senorita said...

Thanks for nominating me ! I will be back to add my answers ! Me love you long time !!

Bev said...

I'm glad I made you guys smile! Just returning the favor.

And Frank, I'll get your answers later. Mala's bringing truth serum.

Elliott said...

Oh, sure. Red talks about her diamond tiara and matching pasties, and you laugh hysterically. I send you photos of me in the same exact outfit and what do I get? Nothing but creepy silence.

How is that fair?

Kate said...

Aw shucks Bev. I'm blushing. I have been an absentee commenter lately as evidenced by my lack of placement in the "top commenters" contest; I'm such a pitiful contender.

Elliot makes me laugh. Lots.

Frank Irwin said...

1. What is your most embarrassing moment of all time?
Nothing stands out, but ask me again tomorrow.
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ziti (or any pasta, really) Arrabiata.
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
Six. I kissed a girl in the coatroom of my Catholic kindergarten. It was a real Hollywood kiss. I then promptly (and proudly) went up and told my Nun teacher. Her response, "Frank, that's not nice!" That comment explains a lot about my love life, I think.
4. What is your browser's home page?
iGoogle. I had to hit the HOME button, because I didn't know. I keep open tabs on gmail, Facebook, and Google Reader.
5. What color do you never, ever wear?
Burnt orange.
6. Are you a nature-lover or a city-slicker?
Nature-lover.
7. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be? (none of that "more wishes" crap!)
A. Financial independence.
B. Mom to get back to her pre-stroke self.
C. 3 more wishes. :-P
8. Do you have any scars? How'd you get them?
A small scar on my wrist where my sister stabbed me with scissors, a small scar on my upper lip from a bike wreck when I was 8, and a scar on my elbow.
9. Ever seen a ghost?
Nope. Don't believe in 'em.
10. What is your dream job?
Applying RJR's pasties. But since the waiting list for that job is so long, I'd settle for "Senior Correspondent" on The Daily Show or cameraman on Dirty Jobs.

Liz Tee said...

Aww... thanks for the sunshine! Although thinking of me and sunshine in the same sentence made me choke on my coffee just a little bit. The irony is hilarious!
;)

Brooklyn ML said...

You like me, you really, really like me!
I'd like to thank you, Bev, for being such a good writer, a good read, and a good friend. Love!