Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

Hey, look at me! I'm really going wordless this week. I thought I could, and I can! Look, I'm doing it right now and it's aweso--- oh, wait. Okay, I'll shut up now. A little. Kind of. Okay, not at all.

Here goes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the best thing about my crap job is the office park I work in. See how pwetty?



When the blossoms fell, it looked like it had snowed flower petals:



Speaking of my crap job, before I left on vacation I did a little experiment to see just how lazy my asshole coworkers are. I am responsible for ordering the office supplies, and when they come in I put them away, too. It's one of those thankless duties that no one notices until I don't do it, just like 90% of my job. Before I left for my week-long vacation, I passive-aggressively ordered several cases of copier paper just to see what would happen if I didn't unpack them and put them away. I should have known that they would be sitting there waiting for me in the middle of the copy room when I returned A WEEK later.



You know you're a redneck if.... I somehow manage to get behind this guy in his "deer slayer" truck almost every morning on my drive to work. He's hard to miss.



My child picked me some "flowers" for Mother's Day. He really shouldn't have.



The only way to travel: in PJs and mouse ears!



HUGS!



My kid is stylin'! This is how he dressed himself for our date to go see Iron Man 2 last Saturday.



Happy Hump Day!

15 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

When we moved to Massachusetts in 2007, there was a tree just like that in front of our building. It dropped flowers all over my car and so I felt like I was driving some sort of princess wagon. It's how I roll.

Frank Irwin said...

Did you child blow your "flowers" in the house?

(I didn't mean that to sound dirty. Really.)

BigSis said...

I luuurve the pictures. The Iron Man ready one is a classic - the boots - so cute!

Salt said...

Do they have those boots for adults? Because I need them.

And also I've always wondered how it is legal to drive with those giant decals on the back window of your car when a dark window tint will get you pulled over. Next time you see that goon, can you ask him for me?

Bev said...

Heidi - Totally! I love that image. I was thinking "Miss Saigon" the other day when I was walking amidst the blowing petals....

Frank - YES. *banging head* They got everywhere.

BigSis - Thanks!!

Salt - Not sure if they carry them in adult sizes, but check your local Tarjay!

And I'll be sure to anger the gun-toting redneck by asking him about the legality of his truck decorations... anything for you!

Samsmama said...

We have a tree like that in our front yard. It is GORGEOUS and in full bloom for about an hour, and then it just pours down the petals. Evidently we weren't looking when it hit it's peak this year. Just one day noticed the yard was covered. My luck.

Love the Pajamas! And Sam has those same boots. Too cute!

Stacie's Madness said...

love that tree...
love the outfit!!!!
all of the pictures are great...and I like that you aren't wordless. ;)

Mala said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of D-Man and the flowers! Classic!

And I can totally picture Mateo in college. I see it. He'll be loved by all. Mark my words.

Great collection of pictures!

Bev said...

Smama - Oh, I know! They're just too quick. I wish the flowering shrubs & trees lasted longer. I totally missed our rhododendrons this year when we went to FL.

Stacie - Thanks x 3!!!

Mala - Oh, both my kids will be heart-breakers, I have no doubt! I'm just doing my best to make sure they're not assholes.

Anonymous said...

I love how you let him dress himself. I seriously LOVE IT!

Also? I love pretty much everything you have to say, but have been really bad at saying that lately.

<3

MJenks said...

My son would dress like that, too, if he could.

He came downstairs today wearing basketball shorts, a Notre Dame t-shirt, flip flops and a bright orange belt looped around his lower ribcage.

mo.stoneskin said...

It was awfully nice of you to lend out your mouse ears. How did you cope without them?

Neat trick with the office supplies. Next time you're going away, order 10 times the amount so that it arrives when you're out of the office.

MtnMama said...

The complex we live in now has a lot of flowering trees like that and they smell nice, too. But yeah, they are "snowing" right now -- in sympathy with the real snow falling?

The copy paper thing is too real. It makes me almost cry. I used to be the only one at my last job who would put in a new toner cartridge... and then wait an hour while all the backed up crap printed from all the lazy asses who couldn't be bothered. grrr!

But by far my favorite is D holding the dandelions! omg, M does that too! Or she puts weeds in her pockets because she's constantly picking "flowers" for me. We go on hikes and she has to stop and pick flowers. "You are killing them!" I finally say... for pete's sake, let them be!

PorkStar said...

Your son and the flowers made me LOL.... adorable.

Actually that is not a bad idea after all, especially when you are broke like me, I could have pulled that trick.

However, my mom would not have been too happy with me, i can already tell.

Nice pictures, dear Bevs

Cary said...

I bet that deer guy has a Three Wolf Moon shirt from Amazon. He seems like the type. I never understood the attraction of deer hunting. The ones around here don't even run from people. How hard is that, shooting a thing standing there waiting for you to give it a carrot or whatever the hell deer eat?