Friday, July 9, 2010

OOBH Stew: With Extra Tentacles

Happy Friday, FOOBHS! Even though I only worked three days this week I am pumped for the weekend! We've got some home improvement stuff to do around the house tomorrow, then we're having friends over for the first lobstah of the summer. WOOHOO!

But enough about the future meals that will get in ma' belly, let's have some STEW!


Shit My Dad Says is #1 on the NY Times Non-Fiction Best Seller List



Less than one year ago Justin Halpern was a 28 year old semi-employed comedy writer whose girlfriend dumped him, forcing him to move back in with his parents. Once there, he recognized the pure comedy gold lying in his lap, and he started a Twitter feed called, "Shit My Dad Says." One thing lead to another, a friend shared the link somewhere, comedian Rob Corddry Tweeted the link, and BOOM! Over a million people subscribed to his "micro-blogs" and before too long, publishers came knocking. This fall, William Shatner will star as his dad in a sitcom version on CBS.

He is successful beyond his wildest dreams, and it all started with a Twitter account. There is hope for all of us!

LiHo is still going to jail.



The world at large cries out,



The new Office boss might be Schruteriffic.



According to EW, the chances are very good that Dwight might take over the Dunder Mifflin branch when Steve Carell moves on after the next season.

Hmmmmm... not sure how I feel about that. You?

There is a German octopus named Paul, and he is both psychic AND a soccer fan.



I'd just like to point out that this story broke on the day that I blogged about octopuses and two-fers. Just sayin'.

No, no, FUCKING no!


Via Dlisted.

Russell Brand has been cast in the title role of a remake of Arthur. Goddamn it! When will Hollywood just leave well enough alone? There's nothing wrong with the original Arthur, it's perfect as-is! Get some new ideas, asswipes! GRRRRRRR.

30 seconds that will leave you smiling.



Awwwww!

14 comments:

Samsmama said...

I like "Shit My Dad Says", but am leary about the show. Hooray for Justin, though. That's awesome.

LiLo needs to point her little manicured finger at herself, because that's how I feel about her.

No, Dwight can't run the Office. Who would he kiss up to? And everyone would quit. Gawd, I hope there's a better plan than that.

Russell sickens me, doesn't make me laugh, and looks like he smells.

Have a FAB weekend! Lobster sounds de-lish! I've never made it at home. Might have to look into that.

Frank Irwin said...

DOGGIES IS SMARTER THAN BABIEZ!!!

Mike129 said...

While I do not have high hopes for the sitcom, at least we get the awesome acting power that is William Shatner. (Okay, so he is probably a good fit for this particular role.)

"LiHo" -- love it!

And, as Frank said, dogs are smarter than babies. I always knew it. Babies are stoopid! Ever try to play fetch with one? Hopeless!

Liz Tee said...

Really? Uh-oh... I think The Office is about to jump the shark....

Heather said...

Everytime I see that clip of LiHo crying I want to face palm the tv. It makes me laugh out loud that she is going to jail.

Salt said...

Russell Brand makes me want to throw up. As does his twit fianceé.

Ummmm....they are turning Shit My Dad Says into a show? I don't know about all that. But I heard the book rocks at least.

Happy weekend, Bev!

Heidi Renée said...

I don't watch The Office and I probably won't tune into Shit My Dad Says, either. Boo, me.

Bev said...

Smama - It's a Cinderella story... and I love those! But yeah, the sitcom? PASS!

Frank - YUP!

Mike - LMAO! Exactly. Babies are stoopid. Well said.

Liz - Fonzie is revving his motorcycle engine, for sure.

Heather - Me too!

Salt - I need to get the book. Looks hysterical!

Heidi - Boooooo! But, do you love octopuses? Yeah, I thought so.

Mala said...

Mmmmmm awesome stew Bev, but I think I have a short and curly Russel Brand hair in mine.


And I read the post title too quickly and thought it said "With Extra Testicules".
...maybe next week.


Enjoy your sea bugs. Sooooo Tastey!!!

Frank Irwin said...

Paul, the Octopus, we love you.

WV: ovalit - What happened when Eunice put a flashlight up her hooha.

Senorita said...

Damn, I shoulda published a book first about the shit my dad says. My dad is a colorful, twisted man.

I swear, I used to work with a guy that reminded me of Dwight. So glad I don't work there anymore.

Jillinator said...

loved the stew... and with all the tentacles I'd have thought you'd be having calamari rather than lobstah ;)

MtnMama said...

Imagine Dwight's personality without the "hard working" attribute, and then make him look more like Buster, and... yep, you guessed it.

Samsmama nailed it: Russell (snort) Brand looks like he smells.

Remakes are rarely a good idea. With all the great books out there, I don't understand why they keep regurgitating the same old crap. Lazy fuckers.

Love me some sea bugs! Yum! One year we made 'em our Christmas Dinner. It was awesome.

Anonymous said...

i have died from puppy cuteness! stoopid babies.

love the SMDS guy, but think the making of a sitcom is along the lines of making a sitcom out of the geico/caveman commercials. EPIC FAIL.

LiLo is a stupid cunt.

Dwight IS Terrific.

fucking octopus burned me twice in the world cup finals. hate Paul.

<3
ader