Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't Panic!

Hey there! What's shakin'?

All's well here today. Last night we had my husband's family over for a big lobster dinner, which was groovy. We all had a good time eating, drinking, and shooting the shite for several hours. It was through this shite-shooting that I found out that our security here at the OOBH has been breached.





Nobody panic!

*deep breaths*

Not panicking!


It seems that both of my sisters-in-law (hi, J & A!) have been known to swing by the OOBH on occasion. Apparently even my two BILs have glanced at it. I suddenly feel like I'm having that dream where you're naked in front of a room full of people.

It's all good, I don't mind. I've never made my blog a secret, per se, I just never really talked about it to family. My loyal readers will also note that I don't ever say anything bad about family or friends here, because I always knew this day would come. My sister and her husband both read the OOBH, so it's not like I was doing this on the down-low or anything.

But still.

When my MIL said, "You have a blog? How do I find it?" I replied, "You don't."

Sorry... but come on. Siblings are one thing, but I really would rather keep the seedier side of Bev away from parental units, ya know?

Dat's just how I roll, cuz.

I admit that I vacillate between this:


And this:



So no, nothing will change here. I won't edit myself or become self-aware. I started writing this blog because I love to write and I love to talk about silly crap like boobs and celebrities and celebrity's boobs, and that hasn't changed. In fact, since I've found an audience of like-minded pervs, I'm more hooked on blogging than ever!

I won't edit myself; I'll just continue to exercise restraint when it comes to talking about stuff that could potentially hurt someone's feelings.

Ok, so now ya' know. We now resume our regularly scheduled frivolity.



XOXO

16 comments:

calicobebop said...

Yeah - my sisters know about my blog but I keep it far far away from the PUs. They only need to hear me drop the "f" bomb once or twice a year - not see me use it repeatedly in writing. :)

Stacie's Madness said...

that is EXACTLY how I feel when I hear of people I know IRL reading my blog.

My mom knows about the blog but has never asked how to view it...lol.

I think I have an EX-IN-LAW reading...but I will not edit, or try not to edit.

Liz Tee said...

I struggle with this because my dozens or so of readers consists of my ex (who is a big fan), his family (all great people) and some of my family that I haven't spoken to in almost 10 years (oh well).

I do censor (because I'm a pussy) but only content, not language. There are a lot of topics I just can't write about until some of these folks start dying off*. But oh, do I have some childhood stories just waiting to be told, like the time my step-dad tried to give CPR to the goldfish.

Oh, how I wish I was making that up.

(*Not that I want them to die off or anything.)

Rich Girl Red said...

Good for you Bev! It's stuffy in that closet. I SO need to follow your lead. For several years I blogged openly and honestly. Not family stuff, just "life" stuff. Some of my extended family found it, flipped, created lots of drama so I took it down. The one I have now, and rarely post on, is complete fluff. I don't post because it's too hard to try to be, as my late mother would say, "appropriate."

But since most of the people who had a problem with it are either 1) deceased or 2) out of my life, I really should just jump back in. Thanks, Bev! You've inspired me, dahlin'!

MJenks said...

I think my cousin still reads from time to time, but that's about it for my family. I draw the line at my mother, though, because she's vile and contemptible and loves to ruin the fun for me, always and forever.

I guess I'd even let my brother read it, but I'm not too keen on having my real life intercept my blog life too much.

Oh well, fuck it. I think I'm off to go post something offensive on Facebook and entertain myself for a while before finishing my presentation for this afternoon and, you know, maybe get back into that "writing a blog" thing.

TS Hendrik said...

I have family reading my blog. Some I don't mind. Others...
Well, let's just say I wanted to do a review of each of my aunts and uncles but can't now.

Frank Irwin said...

Bev, you have a blog?????

Mike129 said...

Look! Boobs!

(I am glad nothing will change here, Bev.)

Heidi Renée said...

My mom, in a moment of what can only be described as sheer moronosity, sent my aunt my blog URL. The entire state of Michigan could be reading by now, for all I know. Both sets of my parents have been reading for some time, and for the most part, it's all good. I just have to downplay the sex and booze so as not to get any passive-aggressive e-mails from Mama McJudgmental.

My in-laws, on the other hand, aren't allowed in my treehouse. If they found me I'd have to close down my blog. I rarely mention them out of respect for my husband, but his family and yours truly are not exactly buddy-buddy and the less they know about my life, the better.

Cary said...

You don't. Awesome.

I told my dad the same thing, just not in those words. I think I said, "You don't want to see it, trust me."

Just goes to show ya.. you never know who's out there. You were smart to be coo.

Bev said...

Thanks, all!! It's interesting to hear about how we all handle the whole "IRL" dilemma. It seems I'm not the only one who likes to keep my blog as a safe haven... a place to let it all hang out. :)

middle child said...

My blog is for me and all of you. It is where I go to say all the things I need to. Things that I would never tell someone else. My mind gets full and I have to let it out somewhere. No one I know or am related to reads this. It is mine.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I'm a little bit weird also about who gets access to my blog. It's by invite only or open to complete strangers which sounds like a contradiction but makes sense in Blogger world

Elliott said...

It threw me when Lori's aunt mentioned how much she enjoys my blog, just because again, the idea of 'adults' reading my childish yammerings has put me into a slightly stronger self-edit mode.

However, it does come up on my FB page whenever I get around to posting, so I suppose any family and friends who have access to that could read, if they so chose.

So glad my parents haven't figured out the Internet yet.

Samsmama said...

There's about 3 people in my life that know my horribly neglected blog exists. I really should just take that thing down, but sometimes I like stopping by, blowing the dust off, and just looking.

You know what would be great? If my ex or his family found it. That would rock!

Oh, and...It's my hot body, I'll do what I want! I ran for congress. And I WON! (Love that one.)

Mala said...

If my MIL didn't read my blog, I'd have some awesome-ly hilarious shite on it about her crazy ass!

Since my blog started over 3 years ago with our adoption, I have a lot of family and other adoptive parent readers...even our adoption social worker and our adoption agency still reads. The blog has since evolved into little less *cough* family-oriented content and I've been trying to shake 'em for years with lots of talk about Mooseknuckle, but they still keep reading.