Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No Wonder I'm Weird

Howdy, neighborinos! It has been a busy day 'round these parts, but I couldn't resist popping in to give you all the online version of a purple-nurple and a bit of a "how's your father?"

Consider yourself tweaked and groped, won't you?

(You're welcome!)

Since I'm kind of tapped-out creatively today I thought I'd share a few scenes from some of the shows that helped develop my twisted little sense of humor back in my miss-spent youth.

First up, I loved Absolutely Fabulous. In this brief clip we find Patsy & Edina going wine-tasting, and I have NO DOUBT that if I were to make it to wine country with with either of my fellow winos friends Mala or Laurie, this is exactly the kind of scene that would unfold. Minus the driving, that is... 'cause we ain't stoopid.



Next is a favorite of mine from The Kids In The Hall. It was hard for me to choose just one....



"My gazebo!"


Hope these made you giggle!

What about you? What favorite comedy shows molded your young, impressionable minds?

11 comments:

MJenks said...

Without Kids in the Hall, I would never have been able to complete any of my college writing assignments.

They accompanied every late-night, caffeine-frenzied keystroke as I giggled inanely to myself "only 300 more words..." while valiantly pushing forward on yet another slice of academic prose that I would promptly forget about once the sheepskin hit my palms.

tracey said...

I have a kinda of comedy crush on you now b/c of your choices. My sister & I have a long list of Ab Fab lines we hurl at each other & she named her cat Saffy.
I ADORE Kids in the Hall - but have you seen poor Dave Foley lately? He can get on thea tlist of "Men Who Look Like Old Lesbians".
I also loved SCTV - kind of Canada's version of SNL. It had Katherine O'Hara, Rick Moranis, Eugene Levy, John Candy etc & was weird & brilliant. Good memories.

Salt said...

OMG Kids in the Hall! I LOVED that show!! You know what other show I loved? The State. I was so sad when it went off the air.

Mala said...

I've been distracted trying to figure out why Jenks chose to use *ahem* protection while practicing *cough* self-love.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that AbFab. So true, dahhhhhling.

And what? No Chicken Lady? I love the Chicken Lady, eh.

TS Hendrik said...

Love Kids in the Hall. I'm psyched to see their new show.

My mind was warped early on by a lot of British and Canadian shows. Red Green, The Frantics, Fawlty Towers, Mr. Bean, Vicar of Dibley and on and on.

Frank Irwin said...

For me, it was Monty Python's Flying Circus (before The Holy Grail). I first saw their stuff on Dean Martin's World of Comedy and thought it was stupid, but then, when I was 13 and on a church trip, the public TV station in Dallas (the first station to air MPFC in the US) was broadcasting one of the shows. This sketch made me an instant fan. (See if you can figure out why.)

Frank Irwin said...

stalking

Bev said...

Jenks - I hear that! I still can't lend someone my pen without muttering, "Just don't run off with it...."

Tracey - Yay for comedy crushes! I love "Saffy" as a cat's name. So cute! You're right about Dave - what happened to him?! He used to be the cute one.

I watched a little SCTV back in the day, too. Gotta love that cast.

Salt - I never saw The State! I'll have to keep an eye out for reruns.

Mala - I was thisclose to posting a Chicken lady but, believe me! It was difficult to choose a favorite, but "My Gazebo" has always been a FAVE!

TS - New show?! Why don't I know about this? Off to madly google that shizz....

Frank - I love MP!!! I used to watch the show too. The exploding grandmother was always my fave....

That clip is awesome. I can't imagine why you like it. Is it because of your love of comic books, perhaps?

Frank Irwin said...

Dang, Bev, you're good!

Smart, too.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I'd have to say the old Saturday Night Live from the 80's. There were so many funny skits back then. Today the writing is hawwwruble.

Cary said...

Excellent clips, B-Dawg.

For me it was early SNL, Bugs Bunny, a little Monty Python and a lot of Mad magazine.

w/v: lumber.

Lumber? I barely know her!