Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hump Day Funnies

Howdy! I've got a busy day ahead of me but have a few funny tidbits to share with my BOOBHs first.  We (in the U.S.) are thisclose to a long weekend, so in keeping with the whole "animals in top hats" theme that I started yesterday, let's get this hump day started!


First of all, I saw a picture over on Lainey Gossip of Lady Gaga arriving at the airport, and her look that day was... interesting. Actually, it gave me flashbacks to the 90's and it took me a moment to put my finger on exactly why that was; then it came to me:


















Sorry, Ga, but Patsy Stone did it better.  Nice try, though.


The other night J and I were flipping channels and came across a stand-up routine by the hilarious Louis CK. I caught his show on FX recently and thought it was pretty good, but nothing could prepare me for how funny his stand-up act is.  I laughed so hard I actually had tears rolling down my face, and I don't think that was just the vodka talkin'. Seriously, it was ugly-laughter; face squinted, mouth open, spitty, teary, OMG-I-might-pee-myself laughter.

This was the part that made me lose it. It's NSFW because he swears a lot and it's not exactly PC because he calls his 4 y.o. daughter an asshole. Oh, STFU - we've all thought that about our little darlings before, haven't we? Admit it.



My kids can be total dicks sometimes.  I'm not one of those mothers who's always gloating about my well-behaved kids; when they're good, I praise them like crazy, but when they're bad my husband and I have definitely been known to exchange knowing, "This kid is a total jerk" glances.  I love that Louis CK isn't afraid to go there.  

He's got me - I'm officially a Louis CK fan! I hope you laughed too.

Have a great day!

17 comments:

jessica o said...

He's a house favorite. And I have never, ever, nope not ever done the exhaust pipe in the kid's face thing at all.

Salt said...

It looks like Ga is channeling Patsy Winehouse. Either way...not a good look for her.

Mala said...

How much therapy will Louis CK's daughter required once her school friends watch this?

But, still, funny.

Oh, and thank you for getting me to realize it's WEDNESDAY! Geesh! I lost a day somewhere.

laurieliz said...

GaGa is such a copycat. I wore MY hair like that first....

Louis CK makes me laugh so hard I pee a little..

Whiskey Girl said...

THANK YOU BEV! I so needed that laugh today.

Bev said...

J-O - nice to see you! :)

Salt - Right? Patsy Winehouse is awesome!

Mala - I've thought it was Thursday all day today too. No idea why!

Laurie - You were rockin' this 'do back in the 80's, right?

Whiskey Girl - You're very welcome!! Glad you liked it.

MJenks said...

My daughter lost her lunch money on Monday. No bullies were involved.

Assholes, in deed.

Frank Irwin said...

LouisCK was drunk-tweeting from a plane today.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

CK is great. If you like him you prob. would like Patton Oswalt. Especially his Werwolf album.

Bev said...

Jenks - Jackasses.

Frank - Thanks! Following....

Bev said...

Israel - I love Patten's work in acting, but haven't seen his stand-up. Thanks, I'll check it out!

Rich Girl Red said...

I laughed so hard at Louis CK that I lost a little, um, control.

Nobody can be Patsy. Even she has a hard time doing it sometimes. There's teasing your hair, and then there's torturing it. Learn the difference Ga. (But I still love you! Mean it! Mwah!)

Good point about Louis Ck's daughter, Mala. I tell my kids they can use their college fund for therapy.

MtnMama said...

It's been a rough week with my sweet darling, so I appreciate this even more. Two (2) calls from school this week.
Off to Parent Teacher night! Yay!

Bev said...

RGR - If I ever see Louis CK perform live I will have to buy and wear Poise pads. I know it, and I'm okay with it!

MtnMama - HUGS! I hope it went okay. Thinking of you.

Frank Irwin said...

LouisCK is scheduled to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight. The other guest? Bristol Palin. It could be good, but I'd bet that Jay would put the kibosh on any shenanigans.

Bev said...

*setting DVR*

Thanks, Frank! Of course Jay will temper any shenanigans; those would be funny and Jay simply cannot HAVE funny on his show. Ugh.

Kate said...

My kids suck ass a lot of the time.

Ike's ears are dangerously close to the computer right now, so CK will have to wait. ::sigh::