Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Write Like....

The other day I happened to Stumble Upon a site that analyzes your writing and tells you which published author your style most resembles. Since there are so many aspiring writers out there I thought I'd pass it along so we could compare notes.

I was lazy and just snagged two of my recent posts from the OOBH last week. I suppose I really should have looked harder and found what I consider to be my "best work," but it was Saturday and I try not to exert myself on Saturdays if I can help it.

The first clip earned me a comparison to SciFi writer H.P. Lovecraft.


I write like
H. P. Lovecraft

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!




KEWL! At least, I think that's cool; I haven't actually read any of his stuff, which is odd considering I do love the genre. Better get on that!

The second blurb I grabbed compared me to Dan Brown. Wow. He's like, all smart and best-selling and shit... so let's take these findings with a big ol' grain of salt, shall we?


I write like
Dan Brown

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!




Your turn - click here and find out whose style yours resembles. It just takes a minute!

21 comments:

Frank Irwin said...

My Big Pancho post was written in a style like Raymond Chandler, a name I've heard, but am not familiar with.

Bev said...

Frank, that's a cool one. I haven't read his stuff either, but I am familiar with Philip Marlowe.

Btw, I love that Big Pancho post. More, please!

Laurie said...

I got Cory Doctorow...whom I have never even heard of...Canadian blogger/ science fiction writer...Hmmm...

Mike Honcho said...

I sent a few of my love poems and it came back John Wayne Gacy. I do so love to clown around.

Melissa said...

When I plugged in personal writing, I got Raymond Chandler. When I plugged in some of my best food writing, I got Mario Puzo. Huh.

onebadmamajama said...

Huh? Who'd a thought I write like Dan Brown? That was based on some of my actual book writing and not my blog stuff. I'm not sure if writing like Dan Brown is a good thing or not.

Salt said...

STEPHEN KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well that just made my day.

onebadmamajama said...

@Salt...I am totally flippin' jealous! I am a HUGE SK fan..Dan Brown, not so much:(

Bev said...

Well, I'm glad Salt got King too because I was starting to think this was like one of those Facebook quizzes that only has 3-4 results!

Mr. Honcho, you are a clown, aren't you? Cheeky. ;)

MJenks said...

Who did you piss off to get compared to Dan Brown?

Brooklyn ML said...

Apparently I write like Cory Doctorow in my blog. My cover letter got me David Foster Wallace. I don't know where to go with those.

Mala said...

Chuck Palahniuk - I'll take that. Wrote in his spare time and didn't even have an agent until after his book was picked up to be a major motion film.

Laurie said...

Wikipedia says Cory Doctorow named his only child Poesy Emmeline Fibonacci Nautilus Taylor Doctorow...Makes him sounds like a douche to me...not liking the comparision...

Elliott said...

Got Brown (gah!) and Lovecraft for my fiction, along with Cory Doctorow and Mary Shelley. For the blog, I got Doctorow again along with David Foster Wallace.

Bev said...

I clearly need to try this with some of my fiction!

Laurie - yeah... that's a douchy name. That's some Dweezil Zappa shit right there.

onebadmamajama said...

Well, my fiction got me Dan Brown (WTF?!) and my blog post got me Stephen King! Just like I always suspected, my life is scary and weird LOL

tracey said...

Um, James Joyce. Not too sure about that. Way too intellectual when considering the post it kicked back his name for was a rant about commercial jingles I hate/products forbidden in my house as a result. I'm jealous that Salt got Stephen King.

Kate said...

Sloth. ya know, from the Goonies. Hmmm...didn't know he wrote.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

Bev How funny, I had this on my blog too! Good to know great minds think alike! I also wrote like Brown. Are you my twin?

Heidi Renée said...

There will be a Tom Hanks movie based on your blog soon.

Senorita said...

I won't compare my writing style because I wouldn't believe the answer anyway. I don't know how they come up with this.