Friday, October 29, 2010

Read this Halloween post... if you DARE!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It's Halloween weekend and this witch is ready to party! Today I sent my little Anakin Skywalker and Iron Man off to their respective schools, and I've finally perfected my own costume for tomorrow night.

Yes, I'm going to be Elvira.

After posting that video last week of the fantabulous 51-year-old who makes us all look like piles of pudding, I decided to take the plunge and go to the party tomorrow night dressed as "you, 'cept with bigger tits."  Of course, Elvira has a 21" waist and clearly works out fastidiously, but whatevs. I'm not a tiny person like she is; in fact in the heels and beehive wig I'm probably about 5'9", and no one has ever accused me of being overly skinny. *cough*

I'd say the odds of me looking like the drag queen version of Elvira are fair to decent, but who gives a fuck? It's Halloween!

Btw, while searching for photos of Elvira for costuming/make-up purposes I came across the nudey pics that Elliott mentioned last week in the comment section.    

Ho-ly crap!

Needless to say, they're extremely unsafe for work, so DO NOT click this link unless you're alone & don't mind looking at Playboy-like nakey pics, ok?  I'm serious.  Here's a link to the best one because I love you so. Don't say The Bev never gave you anything, fellas!

(I'm probably gonna lose a follower or two for that link.  Boo!)

Jim was all set to be Alan from The Hangover but then he got a nasty cold and pulled a muscle in his back while searching for our Baby Bjorn in the basement, so now he's decided to be lazy and be a boring old (Dracula-style) vampire.  No sparkles or southern accents for him, sadly.

Other than that, we'll just do the trick or treat thing with the kidlets.  Tonight we're watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, but once the little monsters are in bed I'm hoping to watch a scary movie.

What kind of Drag Queen Elvira would I be if I didn't give you a list of my favorite frightening movies?

The Shining
All work and no play....
 Psycho
Mother wouldn't like that.

Halloween
Makes me want MY Mother
 Poltergeist
Oh, they're here alright.
The Changeling
Proof that you don't need CGI to be terrifying.
American Psycho
You like Huey Lewis and the News?
And now, to lighten things up, here's one of my favorite Looney Toons clips of all time.  Very few people seem to remember Witch Hazel, but I always loved her!  The way she leaves behind a cloud of bobby pins in her wake?  Hilarious!


Check it:



So there it is! Everything you never wanted to know about La Bev's Halloweenie!

Now, what are your favorite scary movies of all time? Spill your guts, my ghouly-BOOBHs!

22 comments:

Kate said...

Have you ever read "American Psycho?" I had to see the movie because there was just no way that they could conceivably make that into a movie. I think they did a good job, but it in no way touches the book. Christian Bale was brilliant. I am not easily grossed out...as evidenced by my continued reading of your blog. Ha! BUT, I actually had to sit up and close that book because I thought I was going to vomit. It was awesome.

Anyhoo, my faves are pretty much the same as yours, however, I haven't seen the Changeling. I'll get right on that. "In the Mouth of Madness" has a couple of scenes that still haunt me. "Cat People" has forever scarred me as my babysitter let me watch it when I was 6 or so. I live in fear that a panther is going to eat my foot off.

Elliott said...

Oh sure, you just 'happened upon' those pictures.

Loved Witch Hazel as a kid.

And I'll have to get back to you on the movies. Have to say, when I saw 'Candyman' and 'Child's Play' (the first one) they were a tad unnerving.

But American Psycho is just plain fun.

Frank Irwin said...

Thanks for that picture of Elvira, Bev and Elliot. She can suck my, um, blood anytime!

Scariest movie? It would have to be one of the ones that they showed us in Sex Ed. back in the fifth grade.

Bev said...

Kate - :-/ Am I that gross? Awww. Well, I'm glad that you still read, at any rate!! I've never seen either of those movies but will definitely add them to my queue. The book sounds fab, too! Thanks for the rec.

Elliott - Yes, if by "happened upon" you mean that I typed in "Cassandra Peterson." :) I didn't even have to add "nude," but I would have if they didn't pop right up on the first page of hits. Heh.

Candyman IS a scary movie, I agree. Sometimes the campy movies can be just as scary as anything. I was actually very freaked out by "Jeepers Creepers," "The Hills Have Eyes," and even... (and this is embarrassing) "House of Wax." *hanging head in shame*

Frank - You're welcome. :) I knew you'd like it. Sex Ed, huh? HA!

Frank Irwin said...

Kate, at least she didn't let you watch Cujo.

MJenks said...

I referenced Witch Hazel a couple of weeks ago in my blog. Someone thought that the bobby pins she left in her wake were fleas.

...

Well, I must remember to come back and check out Bev's slice of pie later in the evening when I'm home and away from the spying eyes of IT.

Oh, and I need to come back to her blog, too, for the Elvira links.

Bev said...

Frank - Exactly. What kind of idiot would let a 6 year old watch Cujo? ;)

Jenks - Ha!! Funny guy - don't be silly. I'll have to email THOSE pics to you. They're... private.

Kate said...

Nah, you're not *too* gross. Cujo would've freaked my shit. And it was a "HE" which is why I saw it. Damn men.

Samsmama said...

Hahaha....I'm on my way out the door so I was going to be super brief but just noticed mention of Cujo. Well played. What kind of idiot, indeed.

"I'm probably going to lose a follower or two..." According to my calculations you gained one. Geez, Bev, it's like you don't even know us sometimes.

Can't wait to see pictures! I'm going as a fat nonsmoker. Boo!

Liz Tee said...

Looks like Frank is going to have a Happy Halloween now! I'm afraid to look at the nekkid Elvira pix. I am jsut about her age and I don't need to feel any worse about my, um, condition!

Scary movies? No, thank you. I am, as they say on your planet, a pussy.

LOL @ Samsmama! Hey, I can go as an overweight, un-merry widow! I have permission from my Evil Twin to play my 'widow card' as often as I like, and I'm going for it! :)

Liz Tee said...

p.s. I always loved Witch Hazel too. :)

Elliott said...

Funny how 'safe search' just happens to get turned off every time, eh, Bev?. Happens to me all the time.

I've been wanting to read 'American Psycho', and I just saw that Ellis did a sequel to 'Less Than Zero'.

And now that Frank brings up school films, I remember the gruesome stuff they showed us our first day of shop class in 3rd grade. Ever since, I've been afraid that a drill press was going to rip my arm off.

Oh, and if you could copy me on those photos, I'd appreciate it. If I'm going to use your Vietnamese waxer, I'd like to check out the quality of her work first.

(WV: mioni - the name of the folder where you keep those pictures...)

Bev said...

Smama - HA! I go around as a fat non-smoker every day. At least you quit something bad for you and have an excuse; I quit nothing and added a few bad habits, just for the hell of it!

Liz - I agree with Evil Twin! Play that card whenever you want. You can even get rip-roaring drunk and throw up on someone's shoes and then just shrug and say, "Um, hello? Widow?" and they'd have to forgive you.

"As you say on your planet" made me LMAO, btw!

Elliott - What is this "safe search" you speak of? I'm not familiar with that term.

Oh, and once you check out Elvira's pic you'll see that she gave her Vietnamese waxer the day (or year) off....

CaliforniaMG said...

"Scream" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" have me scarred for life. And I can't watch zombie movies, even if they're meant to be funny. Zombies freak me out, waaay out.
As for Halloween plans, I'm going to be home watching the World Series. I know, I know, you're jealous.

Mala said...

Can't wait to check out your costume... I'm already regretting mine. If trying it on hadn't made me so depressed I would have gone out of the house to buy a different one. But I didn't.

I'm not into gore-scary, much rather enjoy a good suspence thriller. I highly recommend Spider, and not just because I have the hots for the lead.

Mala said...

stalking you. mwauhhhhhahahhahahhahaha

Stacie's Madness said...

I.can.not.wait.to.see.pictures. :o)

Heidi Renée said...

I *love* zombie movies. They just make me laugh. We watched all of the Resident Evil movies a couple of weeks ago after seeing the newest one at the drive-in. Good times. Although if the zombies are coming I definitely don't want to be out in the middle of a huge field with nowhere but my car to hide.

Bev said...

CAMG - I had no idea that you're a Zombie-phobe! I have no opinion of them... unless they're dancing to Thriller, and then I love them.

Mala - You are too hard on yourself! The tiny cell phone pics you sent me looked great. I think you're gonna be the hottest bee in the hive, chica!

Stacie - Pictures? Moi? Hmmmm. We'll see. *WINK*

Heidi - I haven't seen Resident Evil, but I've seen all the Evil Dead movies. Does that count? :)

Cary said...

Wow, I forgot Cassandra was a redhead. I won't forget anymore. Damn. Now we know where Br'er Rabbit's been hiding.

My scariest movies (in addition to yours, which I agree with): The Silence Of The Lambs, 28 Days Later, The Others, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, The Mothman Prophecies (more intense than scary).

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

I loved Witch Hazel too, because she didn't scare me.
Happy Halloween weekend.
xoRobyn

Frank Irwin said...

Don't forget your tassles.