Monday, December 13, 2010

I'll now resume my regularly-scheduled gabbing

Hola, beautiful BOOBHs!  How are ya?  I'm good. Cary & I busted our asses last week and got the final draft of our book done by close of business... only to have the publisher say, "Thanks!  I'll look at it on Monday."

It's cool, though.  It was one of those moments in life when you don't realize how much pressure you've been under until it's gone.  I actually got more than 5 hours of sleep on Friday night and didn't wake up three times during the night remembering something crucial (or not) that I need to do.

On top of the book stress there was also stress at my crap job on Friday.  I won't get into it, but it boils down to people in my office being entitled little twats who seem to get off on nagging me about asinine stuff like coffee until I cry.  Yes, I cried.  I'm not proud, but so be it.  Thankfully only one person saw.  It was just a rough, stressful day and I was stretched tighter than a rubber band. 

On Friday night after I put the kids to bed I literally stared at the TV with the volume off for two hours before going to sleep.  I just stared into space like a mental patient, but without the fun meds.

Kinda like this:


Anyhooters, the weekend cured what ailed me for the most part.  Still kind of stressed, but I'm working on not wallowing in self-doubt.  Instead, I'm focusing on making this Christmas the most wonderful time of the year for myself and my family.  I'm also keeping my eye on the prize: the trip Mala and I have planned for February vacation!

That's right, we're taking our show on the road again.  We are returning to the city of angels for a 5 day fun binge, and I can't wait!  We haven't been to L.A. since 2006, so it's time to revisit some of our favorite spots and do some light celebrity stalking.  As luck would have it - and we honestly didn't even plan this - we're going to be in town for the OSCARS.  Uh huh - BAM!  That's what I'm talkin' about!  I'd say our chances of stalking spotting celebrities are pretty damn good.  Making dinner reservations for Chateau Marmont in 3...2...1....

As always, if any of my lovely CA-BOOBHs wants to do a meet & greet, let me know!  I'm already planning to kidnap and corrupt my dear friend Maeghan, so the more the merrier.  :)

Planning a vacation from work does help me get through the day.

Clicky to make biggy
So that's what's new with me.  What about you guys?  :)  How you holding up this holiday season?  Talk to me!!

17 comments:

Frank Irwin said...

I may just have to watch the Red Carpet stuff of the Oscars this year, I guess.

Chateau Marmot, eh?

CaliforniaMG said...

Nice marmot.
By the way, you won't need to kidnap me. I will willingly fall in with whatever nefarious activities you girls think up.

Bev said...

Frank, we'll be the ones in Urban Camouflage: all black... wielding a camera with a lens bigger than my forearm, photobombing as many interviews as possible!

Oui, the Chateau... the one place where one can be absolutely certain that they'll see celebrities. This time we want to actually sit in the dining area instead of eating on the coffee table with Ashton Kutcher, which is what we did last time.

Maeghan - Oh baby, you're in for it. ;)

Susan said...

congratulations on such a HUGE acccomplishment Bev. Can't wait to read it:)

Kate said...

$10 bucks to the first one who bitch slaps a deserving celebrity. (Your choice!)

Dave said...

Don't you love how often those incredibly stressful deadlines are put there just to end up going into someone else's stacked up inbox to sit & wait?
Glad that's all done for you, hopefully you're done sitting in a chair/couch like a dosed up "guest" at a mental hospital. Bibs help.
Hope things go well on your trip, sometimes I really miss living out there, but c'est la vie.

{Like button} the celebrity bitchslap contest. Any frontrunner candidates?

Mala said...

Oh, there'll be spanking celebrities. trust.

Elliott said...

I was certain I commented on this. Imagine it was witty, and simply lost as a sacrifice to the Internet gods. Because now, I got nothin'. They shut our office down three hours ago, but since I have clients running payroll I kind of have to be here.

Samsmama said...

Yay for Overboard! You know how much I love that movie.

Glad things are slowing down and looking up, although down and up seems like no progress at all. I swear, I am stone cold sober.

Missed you, Bevdoodle.

Dave said...

Ooooh, melikey the spanky part better than the bitchslappy part, methinks - depending on who gets what, of course.
Bankin' it, 'spectin' vid.

Stone cold sober - sends a shiver down my spine. But then, I can't drink quite yet, either...soonly, tho.

The rituals that have become required for posting now have created the way for all of the best and wittiest comments to be sacrificed and eaten by the gods of the intertubes. ALL the ones I lost in the ether were much better than the ones that ended up being posted somewhere. Hey, it's better than losing all those virgins (although they've never done anything for me). {bad joke}

Bev said...

Thank you, Susan!

I'd respond to each of you in turn but I'm still swooning over Samsmama calling me "Bevdoodle." I swear, I am the biggest sucker for nicknames. ;) NICE nicknames, ya pervs, so don't get any ideas.

Hmm, ten bucks for slapping a celeb? I'm going to go with anyone whose name ends in Cyrus, Spears, Lohan, or Gosselin. But I reserve the right to change my mind if I happen upon another annoying, over-privileged douchebag. The chances of that happening are excellent.

As for spanking celebs... well, I won't rule anything out. Especially if Jason Bateman or Jeff Bridges asked. Sure, we're all three happily married, but still. It's the DUDE, people! Even Jim would green-light that spanking. ;)

Dave - Oh yes, there will be video. Count on it, bruddah!

Dave said...

Jeff Bridges, what a cool cat. The Dude most certainly abides, I love that movie (shutthefuckupDonny!) I had actually forgotten that he was in Tron way back, even though I don't think that I've ever sat and watched the entire movie from the beginning. But he's an osm actor.
What you're missing here, Bevarino, is that it's 10 bucks PLUS the pleasure of doing it (slapping and/or spanking) AND the bragging rights. Of course, vid or it didn't happen.

You guys need to go ahead and figure out who's gonna be the designated videographer, for when there's that 3 second window where you don't all 3 go flying ninja and nobody's working the action cam.
Damn, you'd almost think I've done this sort of thing before or sometheeen, eh?!? But no.

Melissa said...

Love the email auto-response.

Could I meet up with you all for the debauchery as well? I'm not too debauched any more, as it were, but I'm no bore either. ;)

Glad you made it through last week alive and with your sanity relatively intact!

Cary said...

Welcome back to the land of the living, B. It's nice here; I've missed it. I think I'll stay awhile. You should, too.

Bev said...

Melissa, instead of yes, I'd like to say, HELL FUCKING YES. Comprende? :) Can't wait to meet you!!!

Cary, than you. And don't call me B.

*smile*

Melissa said...

Comprende! :D

Frank Irwin said...

You may want to bring some of these along, Melissa, and tighten them up!