Monday, December 27, 2010

My kind of thrill ride

Hey, peeps!  Whussup?

Thanks to the blizzard conditions outside I'm on day 6 of not working, so I'm being supremely, deliciously lazy.  I just wanted to pop my head in and say I hope all of my BOOBHs had a lovely holiday. :)

Check out this crazy-awesome paraskiing video I found on one of my favorite blogs.  This vid was made on Mt. Superior in Utah on December 16, 2010.  Being the armchair mountain climber that I am, this is right up my alley --all the rush without all that pesky exercise!


Superior, Speed Fly from Marshall Miller on Vimeo.

Wow, right?  The biggest risk I've taken recently was cleaning out my fridge.

Have a groovy day!

9 comments:

Elliott said...

I prefer the risk of drinking out-of-date milk and scraping fuzz off of bread so I can toast it (the bread, not the fuzz. That's delicious as-is.)

JvS said...

Regular skiing, no. THIS...in a heartbeat!

Mala said...

If we could ski in the summer, I'd consider it.

Enjoy your hermitage.

Heidi Renée said...

I don't throw old food away until it has turned into kittens in the refrigerator. I have a jar of applesauce in the back that probably has lions in it by now.

Happy shut-in week!

onebadmamajama said...

I tried skiing, once. Never again! Even on the bunny slope I felt as though I was hurtling to certain death off of the edge of the mountain. I finally just took my skis off and parked myself at the lodge, with booze:)

I wish I could have a shut in week! I'm thinking I should move to the NE part of the country:)

Elliott said...

I quit skiing after being shown up by the blind skiers. That was enough for me.

BigSis said...

6 days? Wow. I won't complain though, I'm still twitching from our snow last year.

Bev said...

Elliott - I also get a little thrill out of cutting the green parts off of a hunk of cheddar. Good times!

JvS - You're brave! This video makes me pee my pants a little bit. In a good way! (?)

Mala - Oh, I am.

Heidi R - Kittens ARE adorable, so growing your own sounds kinda cool!

OBMJ - You got further than I did! I have never made it out of the lodge....

Elliott - Blind skiiers? Jeez. Know your limits, people!

BigSis - I finally busted out of my snow palace today. I'm not happy about it.

dogimo said...

This beats all manner of heck out of every George Lucas chase or race scene filmed or CGI'd. And it's not even hectic!