Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Smell Ya' Later

So, hey.  I'm taking a little break.


I've got a lot going on right now, but don't worry -- all of it's good! The only bad thing is that I feel guilty about not blogging. I know, that sounds egomaniacal because I'm assuming that anyone gives a shit, except that I know a few of you actually do enjoy reading what I write here*.

To you, I say, I appreciate you!  It is you who I am telling that I'm going to be gone for a few months, so please don't file a missing persons report.  In fact, don't worry at all, because Ah'll be back, in some form... like Obi Wan Kanobi or Gandalf or some such shizz.

Allow me to break this mofo down.

The other night as I was looking for a better job, as I do pretty much 24/7, I came across this weird but oddly "helpful" video. It's got a kind of Japanese, animatronic feel, but also with completely incongruous old-timey music. Whatev -- it's very strange. Production value aside, it struck a chord with me.


Freelance Writing : Chapter 25 : Think About Your Online Reputation from Brian Scott on Vimeo.

And they're so perky!

I'm sure you can all see what I'm getting at here. I'm job hunting, yo. So I can't be talking about accidentally getting Brazilian bikini waxes or barfing into my handbag.  And so forth.

Yadda yadda yadda, I might start a new blog; I haven't decided.  I can't see myself not blogging at all, because I love to write and I've made such good friends through it.  I just think the OOBH's day might have come and gone.  I've noticed many of my old blog friends have slowed down with their postings lately too, and I totally get it.  We're all moving on.  We're tired of the same old jokes. Been there/done that.  There are only so many times that one can shout "That's what she said" or "Not that there's anything wrong with that," right?
 
Maybe this is the PMS talking, I don't know.  All I know is that I'm putting on my big girl panties and getting myself a new goddamn job this year, no matter what.   I'm fed up with My Crap Job, my dears.  F-e-d to the U-P.  So I'm taking a Brillo pad to my online reputation, adding a little chlorine to my online writing samples, and I'm taking at least the summer off.
It's not goodbye, it's Smell Ya Later.

I'll be back after I get whatever new job and/or writing venture awaits me, and if you find yourself missing La Bev, feel free to find me on any number of the gazillion places where I still have an online persona, like LinkedIn, Oddee or Facebook.  I'll say yes if you want to be friends, I promise!

PS) The book (which is oddly on sale on Amazon even though it hasn't even been released yet) that I co-wrote is coming out this summer--be sure to scan the credits for your shout-out, my lovely BOOBHs!

* And some of you are just here because you happened to Google "ass bruise" or "Elvira in Spanx" and that's okay too.

22 comments:

PorkStar said...

awww man, well I fall into the slowed down the posting category, it's been going from once a day to once a week to now once every two weeks.

Life happens, it's totally understandable.

I'll see you around FB dear Bev, i hope all is well and good luck.

*besos

Frank Irwin said...

Your name isn't on this blog, is it?

Bev said...

Thanks, Porky! No worries -- I'm actually great!

Frank - Yeah, a little.

I'm glad you guys are both already my FB friends! I'm there more than here, anyway. :)

onebadmamajama said...

I'm not gonna lie, Bev...I'm gonna miss ya. I know my blogging has slowed to nearly non existent, but not because I'm tired of IT..but because of life in general. I've got alot on my plate and the blogging has paid the price. I will say this, though...don't change too much. Stay true to you and who you are. You are one funny sista:) Good luck in the search!

Laura said...

Well, I love reading what comes out of your head but I'll settle for FB. For now. Good luck with the job hunt. :)

Bev said...

Thanks, Rhonda! Wise words, as always. I will be true to myself, I promise--my inner perv lives on! If only I were independently wealthy, but for my sanity's sake, I need a new job pronto!

Laura - Thanks! I'm still around, and I will live to blog again. We're on a BREAK!

;)

Harmony said...

Awww Bev, not you too?!?! I know that I've sucked at commenting (because I honestly feel like I am always saying the same thing) but I do read and enjoy your work. I'll miss your blog while you are gone, but should you ever feel that little twinkle that makes you think "that should go on the blog," do it! We'll all be waiting for it.

Liz Tee said...

I feel ya - I've been struggling for awhile. I really like to write but just can't be consistent with it. FB has been great for keeping in contact with cyber-pals. So glad you'll still be there!

Anonymous said...

But where oh where will I go to get a giggle??!! Good luck on your job hunt!
~Lauralee

MJenks said...

This is why I changed shit around on my blog a while ago, in order to cloak myself in a little more anonymity. But mostly that was because I didn't want members of my family stumbling across my blog.

Or something like that.

MLG said...

How the hell am I supposed to keep in...oh yeah, Facebag. Damn, I'll miss your blog, but you's gots to take care of you's. Good luck with the search, my friend!

CajunMan said...

Yeah, we'll all miss ya, but we understand. Big step, but the right one, for sure. Best of luck, and you know you can count on all of us for references for that new job... if you dare!

Anonymous said...

no more Bev-stew for me???
:(
you know I'll find you...
Thanks for sharing, Bev!
Linda

Anonymous said...

DAMN IT!!!!! I just wrote a long, heartfelt comment and blogger is being a little asshole and keeps signing me out as soon as I post!
So imagine a well thought-out comment about how much I love reading the OOBH but I understand... bigger and better things.
XOXO
Mala

Anonymous said...

Cheers Bev. Will miss your fabulous OOBH posties...all the way here in Australia. Good on ya & good luck.

Heidi Renée said...

I will never get tired of TWSS jokes. Love you long time, lady!

Bev said...

I am seriously feelin' the love, my BOOBHs! Thanks so much for giving a crap. :)

I've had a few good things happen on the job front, so hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later. I miss you already! *kiss*

Cary said...

Well shit. I had no idea. I'm with Heidi... TWSS jokes never get old. I hope you come back in one form or another. I don't get over here as much as I used to, but I liked knowing you were around. Take your break then get your ass back online where it belongs. Please?

Carol said...

Bev,
Gonna miss your humor but I understand where you're at and probably should be looking at taking a "cleaner" approach to writing myself.
See you on FB... Carol

Kerrin said...

Hi there- I literrally pissed my self a few times reading your blog, I am brand new to blogging and am just visiting blogs and of course those from New Engalnd. I live near Boston!!
My blog is in the works but right now it's quite sore on the eyes I really suck at this computer stuff, if you want you can ytake a look ( but you were warned and I advise you pour yourself a drink) you'll feel so much better about yourself when you see how ridonkulous mine is right now, well I have someone working on it and I hope you'll stop by and check it out !! we are neighbors and all - jus saying
great work
searchingformyfairytaleending@blogspot.com
Kerrin

Erica said...

Good luck with the job hunt. Thanks so much for giving a crap. :)


Homeowner Insurance Coverage

dogimo said...

Bev. I can never think of anything to put here. But I keep wandering back through, anyhow.

Out of Bev's Head, into our hearts. I'll cherish forever the peeks and glimpses you afforded us, into a world we couldn't but recognize as uniquely each of ours, albeit presided over by your own

um...

See, this exactly is why I can never think of anything to put here. It gets out of hand. Sadly.