Monday, October 17, 2011

Cell Pic Round-Up!

Hola, darling BOOBHs!  How's it going?  I'm sorry I've been a bit MIA 'round these parts. I've been a busy beaver, as usual--not that I'm complaining. Time is money, and I'm usually short on both.  :)

Just keep swimming!

Work is going well!  I've got some really exciting projects in the works, and recently I had one of those awesome moments when you know that you're in the exact right place at the exact right time.  Those feelings are so rare, aren't they?  But they're so encouraging; it's like the Universe looks you right in the eye for a split second and says, "It will all be worth it.  Keep your eye on the prize."  Or something like that, I don't know, but it sure felt good.
Speaking of feeling good, today I totally don't--I've got a cold.  BOO.  I just want to curl up in my jammies at home, but instead I'm propped up in my office chair wearing big-people clothes, including pants with a button and zipper.  Ugh--you know how I feel about pants.

I hate them.
Anywho, I haven't done a recap in ages, and today's as good as any, so here goes!  Here's what I've been up to, according to me and my cell phone photo album:


I saw this in Walmart not long ago and had to physically restrain my husband from buying it for pure comedic value alone.  It's a head to toe fleece outfit with a hood and a... wait for it... a trap door.  A trap door, people!  You don't even have to take this thing off to do your dirty, stinking business!  Wow.  I mean, there's lazy, then there's FOREVER LAZY.  I think we all know where I fall on that spectrum.  *ahem*

Of course, I'm not one to judge because just yesterday I fell victim to a little "As Seen On TV" product myself.  Yes, folks, I bought myself a 3-pack of something called an AHH-Bra, and I can't freaking wait till they arrive (in 2-3 weeks, which?  WTF?  Do they ship by Pony Express?).  While I'm doubtful that anything designed for comfort will ever contain *aaaaaaalll this*, they sold me with their relaxed-looking models wearing WIRE-FREE Ahh-Bras.  They just looked so darn comfortable and satisfied with their purchases that I had to try it.  $70 later, I'm sure I'll wind up with some more pieces of useless fabric in the drawer next to my unused Spanx and Lipo In A Box, but this is one of those "I MUST KNOW" moments.  I'll keep you posted.

Let's see... in other news, we took a little trip to Mohegan Sun recently, which was fun.

We started with martinis in a very cool, very posh martini bar.  My husband was in rare form -- in fact, he almost fell backwards 3 stories while taking this picture of me and my friends Jill and Mala.  That's dedication (and alcohol)!

We ate the most magnificent meal at Todd English's Tuscany.  Most of us went with the Chef's Pairing, which was a four course meal with wine pairings.  Everything was delicious!  We got a little silly towards the end, naturally. Check this out-- just to prove how little warning she needs to summon her inner sex kitten, I literally said to Mala, "Give me sexy" as she was eating her dessert, and this is what she gave me:

Yet, when she said it to me, this is what SHE got:

Why is the cork on the fork?
The next day we decided to do something edumacational, so we went to Mystic Seaport, CT.  It was a beautiful day and we all had fun climbing aboard different kinds of ships and talking like pirates.  Ric even got himself a funky new hat:
And Jim had his own private Titanic moment:
His fart will go on
It was a fun weekend!  Okay, I have to get a move on.  Believe it or not, I started this post about 6 hours ago and then kept getting sidetracked, so if it reads like it was written in installments, I have no idea what you're talking about.  heh.

Oh, one last celly pic.  This one's for defunct blogger Samsmama!
Look what I found!  They do sell it here in the Northeast!  I can't wait to try it.  :)

Later, taters!
Bev

11 comments:

Frank Irwin said...

Y'all have Ro-tel, now? I may have to move back!

Frank Irwin said...

Stalking, because somehow Google didn't think that I was logged in.

Customized Walls said...

So proud of you and all you are doing!!!

And, so sorry we didn't make it...still bummed about it! I need a vaca BAD!

Bev said...

Frank, you should! Meet you at the No-Tell Ro-Tel.

Laurie - we missed you! And you know I'm proud of you, too, Miss Thang. :)

Anonymous said...

Ro-Tel? I thought that was a synthetic motor oil?...

Sexy? I thought you said sober... yes, that's my *sober* look.

3 weeks to get your awwwww-bra? Someone somewhere is shocked someone actually bought one. Now they actually have to produce one. I see funny stories of awwwww-ful bra. Can't wait!!!

And does the forever lazy come with a front door??? I mean, just wondering.
So many questions.

Mala (Blogger still hates me)

Samsmama said...

OMG!!! I shit you not, I just made Ro-Tel tonight. I really thought the Forever Lazy was for me; what a wonderful surprise!

And you sexy shot? I'm sorry for how hard I laughed. :)

Kate said...

Rotel is hella awesome. HELLA.

Unlike some defunct bloggers that I won't ,I did not, in fact, laugh at the sexy picture. (I did throw up in my mouth a little bit though.) Hugs!

Kate said...

...that I won't mention, MENTION dammit!

Frank Irwin said...

Oh, I laughed. But it was with Bev.

Bev said...

Thank you, Frank! :-)

Mala - Awww Bra FTW! I can't wait to try that puppy on! If I'm hanging low and loose next time you see me, you'll know it's an Aw Bra.

Smama - Thank you! I must admit, I laughed long and hard at it too! I'm trying the Ro-Tel tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted!


Kate - I have that effect on some people, I'm sure. "Wrong-thinkers," as my dad used to call 'em. :-p

Kate said...

Wrong-thinkers has got to be the best term I have heard in a long time. I am going to use it frequently and likely not give you credit for it. Apologies in advance.